Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: [Dwa Mer][WAR][MDN][LGN] Chronis - Imperial Knightlord.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:41 pm 
Mortal

For the record, and though this isn't really the thread for it, the druids did once get into a defeat-RP. It ended in a fairly similar way. The harlequins declared war on us from out the blue seemingly, over what 1 player character didn't actually do, took our relic and killed us for a while. Then our leader lost his cool and went on a rampage. Eventually the leader realized we were defeated and had us go to ground and plead for our relic. It seemed the right thing to do RP-wise, but in the end of it, most druids quit including the leader, and the cabal was left in shambles for a long long time.

There has to be a better way of dealing with defeat other than forcing players to submit to ridiculous demands and allowing an entire faction to become disinterested in SK and retire characters. Of course there are no 'second winners' or 'happy losers' in a 'realistic' world like SK, but maybe something can be worked out. Gonna make a new thread about this.

On Chronis, Yeah, its sad he went out this way. I think the character really did a lot of good stuff he won't be remembered for because of this ending.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:50 pm 
Mortal

Good luck with your next. How you gonna master blitz and swim but not rally, retreat or dirt kicking. *bonk*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 am 
Mortal

Very sad this was posted when I was away from the internet for two weeks. I hate to see what this thread became.

I, obviously maybe, liked Chronis. The interactions Ainhoa had with him were game changing for me. We had some really good times, and some really great RP, even at the end, that I will greatly miss.

Sorry to see him go. Good luck with your next.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
I liked what I saw of Chronis. Seems he got bit in the end by one of the two things that becomes the demise of so many characters who lead groups into wars. Many will burn out from losing - but I've seen just as many lose interest in winning when they've got no one left who wants to fight them also. Not sure why anyone would pick on this new player. He was a decently rounded RP/PK entity, who put it out there he was newer to the game. Did he make mistakes? Yes but none some of us haven't made before.

Best of luck with the next.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 am 
Mortal

Most of the rants on here are from theorplayer and considering who he is should be ignored. I had stopped playing for a year a month after chronis was made and the improvement made on him was outstanding considering how he started. I was very impressed.

Everyone who judged him on here thinks he just hid and deleted but are naive to what really happened. I didn't want to say this at the time because it was IC and the events were fresh but I'll say it now. He didn't want to quit or give up. I lead an Lannister worthy coup to assume power at the expense of Chronis and Boirnjolf. Though what I did worked it didn't come without ic consequence for my char. Basically Chronis had no ic option to stay on. OOCLY I felt bad for him and Opey but Icly it made sense. We should actually commend Chronis for not whining, crying, or flaming on the forums. He took it in stride but also to heart. I think some people here need to hold off on flames and accusations when they do not have the full story.

I'll say it again. If this community was nicer I think this game would have a bigger player base and more enjoyable atmosphere.

Last edited by drexalv on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Since the cat is out of the bag on this one, I'll post the log on some other site later today. Chronis' final moments. Thanks for he encouraging words drex. And good luck with the empire!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Edit: dp'd