Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Dwa Mer][WAR][MDN][LGN] Chronis - Imperial Knightlord.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Entertain me for a moment. What ooc actions was I acting upon? What were my ooc motives?

And I went along multiple times with truces presented and each time the terms were broken by one side or another. I could bring up specifics but I don't know if I'd be breaking forum rules.

It blows my mind how much hatred you have for me. But hate on hater.

As for getting crushed: we were doing just fine until a month to a month and a half ago. And during the last month and a half I tried to come up with something to fix this war. Or at least make it competitive.

I don't even know how to defend all this. Orplayer, if you think I disrespected you by retiring when I did without resolution from the harlies, I could give a [REDACTED] less. Anyone else who chronis negativity affected, please accepts apologies.

For those that hate me. Keep it up. I could use the haters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:02 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
What ooc actions was I acting upon? What were my ooc motives?

Aside from RP alignment violations which have come to light - Never willing to roleplay surrender and consistently dropping your responsibilities as leader of the MC. You aren't even seemingly willing to fathom spending more time on an alt then you did Chronis is an issue when you were being besieged in such a fashion that it caused fellow cabal members to DELETE FROM FRUSTRATION. I am at a loss.

I have no 'hate' for you, and I really wish you'd stop this. That goes with all players whom seem to view this as some social club of friends first, RPPK game second, then have some serious vehement bile when it comes to being criticized for things they do in game.

No, buddy, I don't hate you or anyone else. Some folks I prefer to avoid out of game more than others, but that's hardly a manifestation of hate. There's no hate for you and to strawman/red herring the argument in that direction is incredulous and ridiculous.

What people find aberrant about your behavior is that you do not see any fault on your part and act as if things have been cheery and fine - they weren't. Again, I say this as someone who has helped our your character a lot in game and someone who has killed you a lot in game.

I don't disdain you for being a human being, but I absolutely believe your unchecked poor quality roleplay in game has affected the game for the worse. Though your childish displays about 'haters' and other Justin Bieberish phraseology makes me wonder why I even bother replying.

Ultimately, this is a failure of the immortal staff policing alignments, player ooc courtesy, and failing to help guide players

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 pm 
Mortal

It's kind of awkward and depressing to watch the behavior of both the 'winning' and 'losing' side of SK as a completely uninvolved third party.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:24 pm 
Mortal

woahboy wrote:
It's kind of awkward and depressing to watch the behavior of both the 'winning' and 'losing' side of SK as a completely uninvolved third party.

You haven't been dealing with it for months across two characters, either. There's no 'winning' in this arena. Basically he had to quit that character in order to 'lose' and let the in game story move on.

That's what is utterly depressing about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:43 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I am curious how we would even begin to punish someone for not accepting defeat after they deleted a character. Not that I am saying punishment is warranted. This is something unprecedented as far as I know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:13 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
I am curious how we would even begin to punish someone for not accepting defeat after they deleted a character. Not that I am saying punishment is warranted. This is something unprecedented as far as I know.

Well, not letting it go to that state would be a good start :P

It's not that they just up and deleted, it's the months long slide to this. I don't think this is the first time in SK's history that a cabal lost a war and had to roleplay defeat. And I highly doubt it was the first time that the players in question chose to simply not roleplay their loss and abdicate alignment RP.

You get more flies with honey then you do vinegar, and this is something you advocate quite often Achernar, but at some point there needs to be clear lines as to what constitutes acceptable behavior and what does not.

Revoking all loyalty tokens earned, a suspension of leader flags for x amount of time, and as well as the public reminder (that you all already did) that folks need to RP on an RP enforced game would be a start.

This isn't about slapping Chronis in the nuts or crucifying him specifically, he is HARDLY the only the person doing it. This isn't about asking immortals to micromanage player affairs.

It's about setting an expectation and keeping players to those expectations so these events do not occur. The player of Chronis shouldn't have been given the opportunity to go down that road, it should have been noted to him by his patron "well, things look pretty bad, your members and allies have taken this to an ooc forum in complaining - you might want to start thinking about surrender if you can't rally it together in the next week or so. I'll support you in the roleplaying loss, and as always the choices will be your's, but note you are not the Emperor of the Empire and we have to realistically progress the game along."

I don't think what I'm advocating is anything but for the best of the SK community and game itself, including helping raise the bar for the player community and making this community more appealing and atmospherically immersive to newer players.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:17 pm 
Mortal

As far as the MC goes there has been plenty of rp going around and Chronis handled it appropriately. As for him retiring, meh. Look at it as wandering off into the sunset but trust me, he just didn't rage delete.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:56 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Orplayer. How did I break alignment? By not granting pardons when that was part of the terms that we discussed when we swore it at the shrine of war? Because that is the only unhonorable thing I can remember doing and even that is questionable because it had to do with playtimes. Since knightlord doesn't have citizenship/pardons/ all that bs, I wasn't able to personally grant them. Boirnjolf wasn't around to get the message passed along to him. And instead of saying "hey. we still need pardons." you just start killing again. Sure, call it your 'war rp' toward the situation. But there was no chance for explanation. You all were pk hungry and I was public enemy number one. There was shady [REDACTED] on both side which suggested that neither side truly wanted a truce.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:21 pm 
Mortal

I think Theorplayer and Benibana need to not act like the game's sole purpose is to be about them. Varak and Benibana both suck from what I have seen, and I'd rather see more from Trosis. I liked Chronis, good luck with your next man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:22 pm 
Mortal

woahboy wrote:

Might as well spend 10 minutes slamming our heads into the wall?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next