Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: [HND] Eralenax Faeryl - Khaghan of the Black Hand.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 am 
Mortal

Nokuro wrote:
You have no idea what you're talkig about Ardith. Eralenax spoke with benibana several times and said very specifically that there could be no truce as things stood. He told Ideysa and the rest of the Hand the same exact thing, then when I logged in 3 days later, a truce had been formed by Ideysa despite Eralenaxes express commands to the contrary. That is in no way "shoveling the work onto my second in command" as you put it.

It's betrayal certainly, mutiny possibly, but by no means is it what you so ignorantly and disrespectfully claim it to be.

EDIT: I'll be responding to Meissa's most recent post when I'm at my PC again and can use the 'quote' feature properly.

I'm in the process of coming back from a planned, announced absence, and I read five pages of this thread and feel like responding before reading the rest.

1) I will miss Eralenax. Always really, really enjoyed my interactions with him on Ainhoa and always looked forward to seeing him on. I hope you felt the same!

2) On Ideysa, yes, she knew what Eralenax wanted and I won't go into the details of her decision here. The Hand knows what went on there. I was, however, fully expecting some confrontation with Eralenax when he came back and was shocked when there was none. Eralenax basically asked what she did and then seemed to begrudgingly go along with it. Had he stuck to his original guns, we'd probably have had a more satisfying resolution. Either some sort of coup or otherwise hashing it out ICly that would have led to his removal or Ideysa's but at least been an RP out. As it was, right before I left, he showed up, seemed to awkwardly accept it, which kind of left things feeling muddled to me.

I haven't been on in two weeks. I will be back in a couple days in full force soon. Curious to see where things stand now in game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:09 pm 
Mortal

Trolling and tears are invariably more successful at creating long afterlife threads than well played, memorable characters.

1. Do not feed the trolls.

2. Feed good RPers.

3. I rolled a lowbie the other day and sat around in a few inns, musing whether or not I would come back to SK. The other people in the inns were a thin translation of their lol chatroom personalities. This kind of immature noob rage personality, both in the author and in the various people trolling him, is detrimental to real artistry in collaberative storytelling, and exactly why I and many other people no longer play.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17 pm 
Mortal

drexalv wrote:
I really love SK, have since 1998 - 1999ish . The only thing that I hate about this game is that this community can be so nasty and hateful. If I had to guess that would be the biggest reason why we're not bigger than we should be because this mud blows out the rest in so many ways.

Poliovirus only grows in rhesus monkeys and humans.

This is actually a huge sanitary issue with the production of poliovirus vaccines, since the culture medium, rhesus monkey, can carry many other infections that can also infect humans. The infection of millions of people with Simian Virus 40 (SV40) through contaminated polio vaccines is a great example of this sanitary issue, though controls are better today than they were during that contamination.

What I mean to say is:

An infectious agent only grows in the appropriate medium.

What is it about SK that causes 'nasty, hateful' players to stay in the game and succeed?

Answer:

Time. Hardcore success in SK requires more time investment than any psycho-socially healthy adult will invest. The remaining players are, by necessity, noobs in the game or noobs at real life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8