Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: [HND] Eralenax Faeryl - Khaghan of the Black Hand.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:02 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I should go on vacation more often because this is intense.

Seriously, if you're RPing a character who is crazy totalitarian who doesn't mind if his soldiers are slaughtered endlessly, fine. But don't be surprised when the Council of Necromancers doesn't like watching you fail at your job, and then removes you as leader. It's totally IC, and it looks like the IMMstaff had every right and reason to do what they did.

Sucks about Eralenax. He was an interesting guy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
theORplayer wrote:
Trosis wrote:
Because to me it seems like that is breaking the rules of info sharing. Could I have sent a text message to Boirnjolf to tell him that i needed him to give the harlies pardons?

You did it a lot with MC coordinating logins, so why not here?

And before you post to refute, you openly admitted to me in game OOCly you did because you felt justified in doing it.

For all the belly aching everyone does, it sure seems folks don't bother to keep their noses clean.

Instead of trolling and talking [REDACTED] like an [REDACTED] hole, how about you answer the question.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:00 pm 
Implementor

For the record, the vast majority of those communication threads on the Harlie forum were regarding opinions on whether to induct a new member or not. It's the same that happens on all the leadership forums, but the leadership was just much more active in asking if anyone had interacted with them and seeking their opinions before making a decision.

I never saw anything on the order of: Let's all log on at X time to waste people or login now to help me out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 pm 
Mortal

I really love SK, have since 1998 - 1999ish . The only thing that I hate about this game is that this community can be so nasty and hateful. If I had to guess that would be the biggest reason why we're not bigger than we should be because this mud blows out the rest in so many ways.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:18 pm 
Mortal

The smallest thing makes me hate other muds.

The color on all of them is awful. Assuming they even have color. The only muds I've seen with full color, as in color schemed eq and multi-color room descs/etc was a DBZ mud and a WoT mud. Everywhere else is pretty monochrome. Eq strings are all one color, roomdescs are colorless.

SK is the prettiest mud!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Dulrik wrote:
For the record, the vast majority of those communication threads on the Harlie forum were regarding opinions on whether to induct a new member or not. It's the same that happens on all the leadership forums, but the leadership was just much more active in asking if anyone had interacted with them and seeking their opinions before making a decision.

I never saw anything on the order of: Let's all log on at X time to waste people or login now to help me out.

Can you post the details of a current truce? Or that so and so needs to pardon because of the truce? That is not coordinating logins. But it is passing ic info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 pm 
Implementor

I am okay with that, if it's absolutely necessary. But it should be backup to something that is posted via IC note board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 pm 
Mortal

Disagreements about war and leadership aside. I enjoyed all rp I had with Eralenax that didnt relate to the conflict.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Reinald
patrisaurus wrote:
1) Agree, and that's why a coded defeat option is a bad call

I personally don't want a win/lose condition at all. I like the way the game works already. But if there has to be some sort of end-game in wars, I much prefer it to be unquestionably objective and not up to any interpretation. Trosis had some good ideas on some variables on that front but they'd need some adjustment. A lone Surrit shouldn't be able to win a war in a single night. I'm hoping by the way that you don't want to see rubbish conditions like "war will end when you step down from power" and "stay in the river forever and we'll give the truce to your successor" staff enforced. If someone asks for something like that and he's serious about someone giving up a leader flag and compromising his character or deleting then he's a twat and shouldn't have any staff support at all.

I've always assumed these things as pretty much acting like a twat IC and not being an actual twat OOCly, with the silent understanding that both parties enjoy the pvp and rp that's going on and want to continue it.

patrisaurus wrote:
2) Disagree, that's basically a leader's job on SK. He should've kicked some people out earlier if they weren't willing to engage, but the case for his removal seems to be that he didn't try to engage (other than logging in occasionally to dictate). Dictating is great, and being quick with the uninducts for people who aren't impressing is often a really good decision, but you have to back that up with time played and time spent actually providing leadership and helping people grow as players or you are 100% of the time going to get a love cabal.

You're correct with the pimphand approach but it's not as if new recruits are a dime a dozen with the low numbers I've been seeing. I can completely understand him expecting that the few people he had would work together and improve eventually and not spend all their login time in wilderness areas. Then again with the limited evidence here it doesn't look as if Nokuro played this entirely right. Low numbers mean that even with one member, you resort to the team darkie vs team lightie strategy and make use of alliances and RP to wage a war. Can't do that without significant time investment. I still don't think he should be punished for it though.

By the way, can someone explain why a war that goes on halts things on a very static universe like Pyrathia? War effects only stop things like buying stuff from vendors and that's only if you're an outlaw, paying extra tributes on faction accounts etc. What's the big deal with this?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:31 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
I believe the length of this war falls more upon the shoulders of Gedyarf than Eralenax.

There was effectively a wedge driven between Geddy and some of the Harlequin that made submitting virtually impossible (granted as a group the Hand was defeated, but Gedyarf only got killed ONCE by a Harlie and did engage them on several occasions.)

However, it seemed when Gedyarf was about they would NOT engage unless they at least outnumbered him 3 to 1 which would have been foolish to fight (except for on one occasion), even if there were other members of the Hand on, they would not listen to me half of the time.

Removing Eralenax in this way is just plain rude, even though I was pushing other members of the Hand to take control to work out a truce (because Gedyarf could not do it, but someone else could, that is one reason I am glad he stopped leading the Hand, so all of this could stop.) I hate to see him go, as he was a great character in my eyes.

Some of the PK vets should start charging to online PK classes. ROFL

On a side note, Dfsdkwjeavbdfvnmerflkasler!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next