Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: [HND] Eralenax Faeryl - Khaghan of the Black Hand.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Noragh, Rhakeesh, Eralenax
EDIT: I'm pretty upset about how things went down with this character and it shows in my posts. Proceed at your own risk.

I loved everything about this character, but unfortunately when I logged in today I randomly discovered (by trying to check the tribunal balance at the bank) that Eralenax had been demoted from leader of The Black Hand to member. Nothing on the forums either posted or in my inbox.

If decisions like this are going to be made without so much as bothering to inform me, I don't see any reason to continue to play.

Last edited by Nokuro on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [HND] Eralenax Faeryl - Khaghan of the Black Hand.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:52 pm 
Mortal

You can lose leader flags for being inactive, as well, as you require monthly hours to maintain them for religion and faction.

Based on my experience of seeing the character in game, I don't think you logged enough hours to keep the flag.

But also based off your posts and actions, this type of kneejerk reaction seems in line with what I'd expect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 pm 
Mortal

Troll on, brother. Troll on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
The first line is true. Being inactive can cause you to lose leadership, it is automated. If you have good loots you will probably end up with the Hoarder flag as well at the same time for being inactive. The rare cases where Imm intervention is used there is normally some information posted somewhere public to the players involved either forums or in game. Considering in most situations where there is a conflict of leadership the two contesting leaders will end up with leader flag even if it means going to three leadership flags. At least in my experience anyway. A little investigation might not have gone amiss although knee jerk reactions is exactly why retirement got created as I understand. To be honest I rarely got to see your character online although given my normal play hours dont line up that well with most of the mud that isnt saying much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:21 pm 
Mortal

It was done intentionally. There is a new person running around with the title of Second already, apparently.

I only get time to play for maybe 8+ hours a week, usually split across two days, which usually means I go 3-4 days at a time without logging in, then play for an extended period on game days.

This retirement has been brewing since my character was made leader, then actively bypassed. I actually asked to be removed from The Hand entirely when the harlequin truce was forced despite my characters express orders, but was denied. As I have no desire to play a character that is treated in such a manner, I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:10 pm 
Mortal

Well crap. And all that planning. Well, we're always looking for a few good men in the MC :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivstnesr, Drakey
BORING!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 pm 
Mortal

Sounds like you don't play enough to handle the responsibility of tribunal/cabal leadership. Yeah, sure, there are other players that have the leader flags. Sitting on the leader flag for the prestige and/or just sitting on it is a blight on the community.

Too many people don't know when to step down and let other people run the show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:29 pm 
Mortal

Well I will say this, never again will I accept a leadership position! In my mind I do play enough, but apparently Ardith disagrees. Perhaps the guidelines for maintaining such a position are posted somewhere? It seems to me that if such is to be enforced, the player base should at least have access to the rules they will be held to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:30 pm 
Mortal

Nokuro wrote:
Well I will say this, never again will I accept a leadership position! In my mind I do play enough, but apparently Ardith disagrees. Perhaps the guidelines for maintaining such a position are posted somewhere? It seems to me that if such is to be enforced, the player base should at least have access to the rules they will be held to.

Ignore Ardith, he is one of the local trolls. He only plays to game to jack off when he trolls someone and they respond.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next