Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: [HND] Eralenax Faeryl - Khaghan of the Black Hand.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:35 pm 
Mortal

theORplayer wrote:
And the lies and rubbish continue on this mud.

Nope.

If that's a lie, then it's 3 different people who all, unrelated to my knowledge as 1 or 2 were northern and 1 was empire, chose to lie to my character about it.

I've been pked a grand total of 2 times, 1 by someone who's pc may well be dead but hasn't been seen in like a month easily, and another by one of the very people who was refusing any chance to reequip because of how often they were being pked (again, to hear them tell it).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Alright, let's clear a few things up, here.

I never, ever demanded that Eralenax submit to the demands of the Harlequin. I did express that he needed to work out a reasonable route for resolution of the conflict, which could have been continuing negotiations or some other method. I left it entirely open but made it clear that just ignoring it was inappropriate and that the CoN WOULD step in if he didn't step up to the plate. Simply, this character never made any moves to engage the Harlequin leadership when they set out the terms, at all, even to deny them - this is poor leadership IC. In the same PM, I also told him that he owed the PLAYERS of the Black Hand some dialogue about the situation as well as their characters and mentioned that he should be using the faction forums to engage them. He didn't do that, so that's a poor showing OOC. Incidentally, this exchange is when he asked me to outright remove him from the Hand. I told him he would need to roleplay his breaking of oaths, and that he wouldn't get to decide how that action would play out IC. I never heard another word about him leaving.

Roleplay surrounding Eralenax's removal from leadership did happen IC, with other members of the faction and the in-game leadership of the CoN. The game does not stop when a character is not around, but this seems to be the crux of the complaint on the part of Nakuro. His limited hours would be fine were there not an active conflict where other players were getting their rears handed to them repeatedly for a war that started well before they were even alive, but when others are trying to move plots forward in his absence, it's not in anyone's best interest to drag it out to wait for someone who hasn't shown any interest in resolution IC or OOC. It makes sense for someone with a vested interest in political engagements IC and player engagements OOC to hold leadership in the current climate of the North.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:54 pm 
Mortal

amandagreathouse wrote:

If that's a lie, then it's 3 different people who all, unrelated to my knowledge as 1 or 2 were northern and 1 was empire, chose to lie to my character about it.

I've been pked a grand total of 2 times, 1 by someone who's pc may well be dead but hasn't been seen in like a month easily, and another by one of the very people who was refusing any chance to reequip because of how often they were being pked (again, to hear them tell it).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24925

It is really odd. So many players of this game hate the immstaff, make up crap about the game, and try to spread it so vehemently I wonder why they play.

No one is going to write "They RULED SHATTERED KINGDOMS" on your tombstone. To over use a cliched meme: why so serious?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm 
Mortal

No idea. I don't try to participate in PVP in this game because it doesn't actually end the other character, hence the point I was trying to make with that, that it hasn't been a personal issue to me, giving or receiving, as I do, indeed, try to build pacifist or unaligned or unaffiliated characters. That said, I've had 2 of my chars pked, 1 time each, neither by a harlequin. I was just making an observation based on what I've seen with my own eyes, because I have indeed resurrected the same people several times in a day and had them blame it on the same people each time. As I said, they could well have been lying, but in any case, I still like the idea of restricting rez's a little, to try and give death at least a LITTLE wait/difficulty if you're not reincarnating/using the oracle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:06 pm 
Mortal

Sorry for the derails, this thread is crazypants insane.

RE Eralenax: I never really got to RP with you much, but I did get to rez you a couple few times and the pc seemed interesting. Would've liked to have known him better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Noragh, Rhakeesh, Eralenax
Its not at all a derail. I devoted this thread to attempting to address this garbage.

I've been driven to delete via player interaction before, but never due to IMM interference. I am, quite frankly, utterly appalled at the way i and my character have been treated. So much so that I have no intention of returning to this game.

Players behaving in such a way is one thing, but the IMM staff? It is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:51 pm 
Mortal

Galactus wrote:
Nokuro wrote:
Well I will say this, never again will I accept a leadership position! In my mind I do play enough, but apparently Ardith disagrees. Perhaps the guidelines for maintaining such a position are posted somewhere? It seems to me that if such is to be enforced, the player base should at least have access to the rules they will be held to.

Ignore Ardith, he is one of the local trolls. He only plays to game to jack off when he trolls someone and they respond.

I didn't make a troll post.

Eralenax's player was doing the classic, I'll keep all the glory for myself, but the rest of you can do all the hard work strategy. There are other players in the game. There were other players in the tribunal. Eralenax was being both unfair and a selfish jerk by shoveling all the work on the so-called second-in-command, and allowing the other trib mates to suffer because he thought he was playing Call of Duty.

Classicly a leader that is away as much as the player claims he was would naturally have his power usurped.

In the long run I think the right decision was made, and if one player leaves the game, that's more acceptable than the discouragement of a group of players due to one person being egotistical and [REDACTED] all over them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:11 pm 
Mortal

You have no idea what you're talkig about Ardith. Eralenax spoke with benibana several times and said very specifically that there could be no truce as things stood. He told Ideysa and the rest of the Hand the same exact thing, then when I logged in 3 days later, a truce had been formed by Ideysa despite Eralenaxes express commands to the contrary. That is in no way "shoveling the work onto my second in command" as you put it.

It's betrayal certainly, mutiny possibly, but by no means is it what you so ignorantly and disrespectfully claim it to be.

EDIT: I'll be responding to Meissa's most recent post when I'm at my PC again and can use the 'quote' feature properly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 pm 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
Simply, this character never made any moves to engage the Harlequin leadership when they set out the terms, at all, even to deny them

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but it's absolutely incorrect. Eralenax has spoken with Benibana on several occasions regarding a truce. Heck, the player of Benibana even quoted part of our discussion on a faction leader forum i no longer have access too. Are you telling me this decision without bothering to check with the opposing faction leadership?

Additionally, demanding that my character work out a "reasonable route for resolution" is, in this particular situation, extremely unreasonable. As I've said several times in character, accepting a truce with a regime that has proven long ago to be utterly untrustworthy would be extremely foolish. I cannot fathom why you insist on interfering with in game RP in an OOC manner that requires me to violate my characters RP. If you really wanted to address player unhappiness at getting Pk'd and j-looted over and over, you would do so by taking it up with the players of the harlequins who are perpetrating these acts against the rest i the MUD. Instead you're attempting to address the issue by demanding that my faction roll over and surrender. I like PK. I suck at it, but I'd still like to be able to have enemies in character without the IMM staff stepping in an demanding a resolution to a war that has no resolution other than the removal of either Eralenax, or Varak from power. You insisted that Eralenax demanding that Varak be removed from power before any truce is possible is unreasonable, yet your response was to remove Eralenax from power... ... ...

Yes people are unhappy they're being j-looted. I'm one of them. But demanding peace is no way to resolve the root problem.

I honestly cannot fathom where you're coming from as it seems to me you are attempting to address the symptoms of the problem, rather than the root cause.

Last edited by Nokuro on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:43 pm 
Mortal

Would it be okay to post a log of you and why the people who pk you 'over and over' are not at fault and you are?

Because there's a certain log I have of you dying, having a complete meltdown, then swearing eternal death forever more to your enemies - followed by threatening to kill them.

That's gonna get you killed again. And again. And you have no recourse to complain about it or pretend that the folks killing you are at fault at that stage.

But hey, talk like billy badass more and pretend everything's unfair and why can't those meanie pkers just leave you alone!! They're ruining the otherwise fantastic game of NPC fighting and equipment hording that is so riveting!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next