Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Varak Hasrak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 am 
Mortal

Retired. I intended to do this in August, but stuck around for the benefit of other players/characters.

I didn't bother to save his score or attributes screen. He was high priest of Sargas for about a year, led the Harlequins for about eight months, and he was a hero (lulz). I don't really have much to say other than to use this opportunity to rant about the most irritating aspect of playing a priest (you know what really grinds my gears?): if you ask for a resurrection and don't include your name and a bit of information in the initial tell, there's a good chance you will get ignored.

Thanks to Sitis, Benibana, Henald, Mogor, Argaeius, Zavros, Orsiphantes, Shallabelle, Tyrates, Olivette, Matsuro, Ivalyn, and Ideysa.

Post subject: Re: Varak Hasrak
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am 
Mortal

Varak helped change the world for the better, if only for a time. Few players have the quality of this one, and few characters were as enjoyably multi-faceted. From wrecking inner guardians effortlessly to philosophizing about the politics of matriarchies, Varak did it all. I'm entirely grateful that our paths serendipitously crossed and lead where they did. Thanks for playing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:51 am 
Mortal

I have both hated and loved Varak over the course of the past nine months and am ultimately sad to see him go. Glad to have had a chance to see at least two sides of him.

Thank you for playing. Hope you enjoy your next.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 am 
Mortal

Lol you forgot to mention the part where you stomped the same group of people across three of their rerolled characters because they just kept aligning themselves against you. Excellent RP/PK and a solid character all around and I doubt we will see another priest of this caliber any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:37 pm 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
Lol you forgot to mention the part where you stomped the same group of people across three of their rerolled characters because they just kept aligning themselves against you. Excellent RP/PK and a solid character all around and I doubt we will see another priest of this caliber any time soon.

I liked Varak and wish I had the chance to be on the same page as him.

Now, to counter jried's predictable trolling I will point out that no one got stomped since he left the Court.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:52 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I wish Cylan would have had a chance to go up against Varak. Would have been a fun challenge.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Varak was everything a hero should have been, even if you hated the title. Solid RP, amazing PK, and a legacy that Olivette certainly found hard to live by for so many reasons. You pretty much made the Sargas church explode. I really enjoyed Varak and thank you for sharing him with us. Good luck with your next (or current!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:22 am 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
Varak was everything a hero should have been, even if you hated the title. Solid RP, amazing PK, and a legacy that Olivette certainly found hard to live by for so many reasons. You pretty much made the Sargas church explode. I really enjoyed Varak and thank you for sharing him with us. Good luck with your next (or current!)

I don't think he hated the title, I think he questioned why his character even had it to begin with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:03 am 
Mortal

I liked varak a lot on matsuro, though I wish I had been of more help besides just giving him and the sargas church directions in which to start a lot of trouble when they first started rolling out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Varak was a boss of a character. Stomped me out a few times. Had some decent RP. That harly war Chronis was in was going to be his last war win or lose. And it was a great story to end his life. (Even if everyone thinks I'm a [REDACTED] for doing it the way I did. There was solid RP that nobody got to see.)
Good work Varak. See ya IC.