Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ainhoa - a small shadow
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm 
Mortal

This was my first character rolled on SK and the first on any MUD I've played in the nearly ten years prior. I didn't understand the alignment system when I rolled her. I wanted something that fit chaotic neutral and was generally unsatisfied with the choices. Despite not knowing the game, I wanted to play a character that would cause some amount of trouble, always saw her as being a confidence woman. However, I NEVER expected her to cause as much trouble she did, but enjoyed *nearly* every minute of the fallout.

Quote:
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo
o [Scores] Ainhoa, a small shadow, shadow instructor. o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Half-elf Class: Rogue o
o Kingdom: Taslamar Religion: Thuban o
o Coins: zero o
o Carrying: 0/23 items Load: 28.8/300.0 pounds o
o Health: Excellent Mental: Pulsating Physical: Fresh o
o Attribute points: 0 Wimpy: 0 percent Mode: Kill/aggressive o
o You are thirsty. o
o You are standing. o
o You have earned 53 loyalty tokens with this character. o
o You can spend 0 loyalty tokens for this character. o
o You have 91 unspent loyalty tokens in total. o
o You may advance to the next level. o
o You have played 1212 hour(s) so far. o
(C)ontinue - (R)efresh - (B)ack - (H)elp - (Q)uit [RETURN]:

Quote:
o [Attributes] Ainhoa, a small shadow, shadow instructor. o
o Status: Grand Master(1) Race: Half-elf Class: Rogue o
o Age: 64 Sex: Female Size: Medium o
o Alignment: Unprincipled Handiness: Left handed Religion: Thuban o
o Born: Frost Giant 22, 1292 Birthday: 184 days o
o STR: Powerful INT: Brilliant WIS: Clever o
o DEX: Acrobatic CON: Durable CHA: Influential o
o Carrying capacity: 23 items with a maximum weight of 300.0 pounds. o

Things I'll miss: Chronis, Boirnjolf, Verinos, and Ainhoa vs. the world. Drinking and playing cards with Kondo. Living in every kingdom but Zhenshi (because who wants to live there?). Questing with Nevin. Teaching youngsters, and all the quality RP I've seen across the board as Ainhoa was pretty damn social. Oh! And that time I killed Makina which, while immensely satisfying, the log was too embarrassing to share!

Thanks to:
-Conner for getting me started with SK, as well as all the druids that played around that time for helping me learn the game.
-Kondo for being Ainhoa's BFF (still mad he disappeared without saying goodbye!)
- Chronis for giving Ainhoa a chance to prove her worth as a spy.
- Boirnjolf for having one of the biggest influences on Ainhoa and some of the best RP. I think I'm the only person who likely cried when he age-died. :P
-Ardith for my first RPPK in SK and best to date (on Araceli), as well as spending nearly an hour RPing with Ainhoa before killing her that one time (on Athrae).
-Varak/Orsiphantes/etc for the conflict that led to several exciting/fun months even if it did get tiring after a while.
-Nevin for giving Ainhoa the pick me up she needed to stick around a little longer. Questing and running around with Nevin was the most fun I've had on SK in a while now. Sorry you don't really play him anymore.
-Dakken... Ainhoa and I both honestly liked you a hell of a lot more before you unretired.
-Pretty much all the Empire guys for the fun and generally quality RP even if things got a bit less fun toward the end.

Admissions:
-She never sold out the Court roster (until way, way after she left them and was fighting them). She never shared any sensitive Court information while in the Court either, except that mixup with Beni and Earar which really was more personal than Court related. While disappointing, I said from the start Beni/Varak's plan to entrap her was well played.
-She didn't serve Thuban until near the very end of her life, after some lighties coerced her into reciting a 'create food' scroll in order to prove she didn't serve him. I didn't know who Thuban was when I started, and I didn't really understand what he stood for for months afterward, but it did seem as if she served him her whole life, even if I didn't realize it, so I figured it was fitting to end that way.
-I was really unhappy with how things ended for Ainhoa in the Empire. I had every intention of her dying there as an old lady with a troupe of young spies under her wing. I appreciated the Court's ultimate offers for truce, but couldn't take settling things (which she did for the sake of the Empire) and then being forced to fight them immediately after she did. It was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for Ainhoa who was done fighting what felt like futile and stupid wars. And let's be honest, she was never a good soldier anyway.
-Ainhoa didn't kill the little boy in Sithaniel to go to jail as a way to escape her pursuers for a time (though that excuse was useful for instilling pity in the lighties), She did it to go to jail to talk to Boirnjolf as she was ordered to maintain radio silence for a time. Silly, but effective.

I'm sure there's more, but this is plenty long, and if I think of anything else it'll go in the comments. Thanks for the experience and fun on Ainhoa. I had really hoped to keep her around for the fountain RP and to maybe work up one last plot to some final grand betrayal, but I honestly just don't find it much fun anymore. Most of the characters she enjoyed hanging out with are gone and I just don't have the time or energy to invest getting to know a lot of the new ones.

Post subject: Re: Ainhoa - a small shadow
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 pm 
Mortal

Ainhoa was the sole reason Benibana found herself in a leadership position, so I owe you some kudos and thanks for being such a contributing factor in her roleplay.

I will admit when I saw Ainhoa's description go from:

Quote:
While a few wisps fall across her deep brown eyes, the rest of her dark
hair is pulled back behind her in a neat braid, falling to the small of her
back. Her ears are slightly tapered and her eyes big. Combined with her
small stature and lean build, it gives the appearance of youth. At a closer
look, you will see scars peeking from under her collar, and perhaps other
areas of exposed skin. No matter how she acquired them, she is not afraid
to meet your eye. Her arms look strong, her hands steady, and if you see
her move, she does so with an elegance akin to a dancer. Each foot lands
quietly in front of the other, making nary a sound.

to:

Quote:
While a few wisps fall across her deep brown eyes, the rest of her dark
hair is pulled back behind her in a neat braid, falling to the small of her
back. Her ears are slightly tapered, revealing her mixed heritage. A small
stature and fit build give the appearance of youth, but she sports the
noticeable figure of a young woman. At a closer look, you will see several
scars peeking from under her collar and other areas of exposed skin on her
torso and arms, the bulk of which, if uncovered, are quite gruesome. No
matter how she acquired them, she is not afraid to meet your eye. Her arms
look strong, her hands steady, and if you see her move, she does so with an
elegance akin to a dancer. Each foot lands quietly in front of the other,
making nary a sound. When she speaks, it is in a soft, sweet voice, and she
gives off a trustworthy impression should you meet her soulful gaze.

with the classically Thuban coloration at the end there, I had already concluded that's where she was headed if not there already.

Now that we're in director's commentary, what can you share about her connections with Earar?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:10 pm 
Mortal

The description change was actually when someone offered to help me color/rewrite it I believe. The addition wasn't fully intentional on my part, but it fit, so I went with it.

Earar was someone Ainhoa used for information for a very long time under the guise of friendship. He thought of it as more than just friendship, but Ainhoa wasn't really cut that way for the most part. But if Ivy wanted info, Earar would supply it to Ainhoa or give her enough that she could go in the right direction. He rolled with lighties and darkies alike, which she ultimately used to get an in with the darker crowd. But really, she mostly used him up until they more or less went their separate ways (almost immediately after she got kicked out of the Court - she blamed him). Sorry, Earar.

PS. I really had no idea there was classic Thuban coloration involved. She never would've followed Thuban officially at all had people not forced her to prove she didn't serve him. At that point she was already looking for a new outlet, and she had lighties who could verify she didn't in fact serve a god, so it all worked in her favor.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 pm 
Mortal

I had fun with Ainhoa, and was sorry to see the chasm open when Dakken joined harlies and Ainhoa fell in with Nevin.

Good luck, and hope you're having fun. :drunk:

Post subject: Re: Allow for enchant armor to place stacking saves.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Ainhoa was a big part of Chronis' life. Sure, she got me in some trouble, but it was quality rp in regards to the war that followed her.
Ainhoa was the first, and perhaps only, spy that Chronis had to utilize. My fondest memory of her will always be the way that she would obtain herbs for The Empire. She'd sit through stories and boring drama that Oarn would spew and then he'd give her mistletoe. She came right to chronis and gave them to him. We were at war with the guardians. One of many impressive feats.
I'm sad to see her go. But she was good for Pyrathia as a whole.
You've impressed me with the leaps and bounds you've made in improving at sk.
Keep it up and I'll see ya IC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:48 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Enjoyed this character! I felt sorry for you as a player outwardly but you seemed to handle it well and I hope you learned a lot. Good luck with your current, and your next!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Liked Ainhoa alot. Solid character. Good job :D :drunk:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Personally I was never as well acquainted as I would've liked to have been, as often as I saw her about.

Hope to get more opportunity with your next. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 pm 
Mortal

As one in 'the know' of most sides of her story back in the days of the Harlequeen hunt, I must say I felt pretty bad for Ainhoa. She was one of htose chars that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time for some things and didn't have the presence of mind to sidestep and let the shitstorm land on someone else. I had a very similar experience starting SK myself, amusingly enough, also with the harlequins.

Well after a certain point it became very clear I wouldn't be able to help Ainhoa so much with my principled [REDACTED] of a character.

I enjoyed pking you through RP though :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:17 am 
Mortal

Galthryn wrote:
I enjoyed pking you through RP though :p

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Ainhoa pretty much only ever got killed by Orsi or Henald.