Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ME
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:19 pm 
Mortal

Do to having 3 seizures in a 12 month span and 2 within 3 weeks I've decided it's time to stop playing. My characters will be deleted due to inactivity. While it was fun playing with most of you I'm certain I won't be missed. I just thought I'd let the playerbase know that you've finally gotten rid of me, guess you can thank my medical problems for that. Anyhow was fun while it lasted.

Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Post subject: Re: ME
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:11 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Haters will hate.

Get better, get your medical problems worked out mate, and I personally wouldn't mind seeing you about again ;)
I enjoyed our interactions.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:16 am 
Mortal

Get well, friend. Really hope you are feeling better! May a new hobby comes your way that makes you super happy and fits with your life! I'll miss ya.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
cubanoh wrote:
I just thought I'd let the playerbase know that you've finally gotten rid of me, guess you can thank my medical problems for that.

This sentence made my head explode.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:06 pm 

[FLAME REMOVED]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 am 
Mortal

Opey wrote:
This sentence made my head explode.

Sounds like cubanoh's head is the exploding one.

I never found the character to be that strong or interesting, but I got the feeling that maybe there was something behind him that just didn't get expressed through the enmity point of view. I think Lydia's enmity is the best one I've seen on the server, so far. Generally speaking, the lack of Aberrant on the server is boring. I think Azoreth is the only one, though I hardly go around casting 'know alignment' on everyone.

As for your exploding head-

If you aren't already taking some anti-seizure medications, take some medical quality cannabis.

Don't get wildly blown and then come down hard, take a small dose, starting with the equivalent of 1/4 of a joint or a very small bowl, and work your way up to = 1/2 a joint or one real bowl every day once you're tolerant.

If you don't like the psychological effects, or if you have to work, drive, operate heavy machinery, etc. take your dose just before you sleep. Cooking butter is really the best way to spread out a dose and avoids the disgusting nature of smoke and the expensive nature of vaporizers.

This is usually better for the long term prevention of relapses than for the management of lots of acute seizures. If you are having so many seizures in so little time, the priority right now would just be to get you to stop having seizures. Once you get to that point and stay there for a while, I would recommend considering this as a chronic management solution, since it is really a lot better for you than taking anti-seizure medications for long periods of time.

Whatever they give you, I highly recommend that you read the FDA prescribing information for it- the information they give to the doctor, not the information they give to you- which should probably be available online. Google '(drug name) FDA prescribing information.'

The use of cannabis for this application is based on mountains of 'not scientific' folk medicine observations, as politics has kept the scientific community from seriously exploring this use of cannabis. I've heard of quite a few epileptics who thought it was great. That works really well for some people, and not at all for others. There exists enough information that explored it for other uses, or explored people who take too much cannabis, that a safety profile can be determined even if it hasn't been well researched for a specific use.* Chemically speaking, the risk is very low if you aren't on another medication, so you don't have much to lose by trying it from innate risk. Added legal risk and financial cost depends on the politics of where you live.

If you -are- already taking some anti-seizure medications, I couldn't really say how weed would interact with them, and I doubt that anyone would know. It would seem like a bad idea to mix weed with any other drug which specifically affects your brain, as the potential interactions are not understood by modern medicine.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

*In considering any information that seeks to report the danger or safety of any substance, you should realize that anything other than a large, placebo-controlled, double-blind randomized trial will not be able to yield definitive conclusions. Observations of people in marginal social situations who self-report smoking a poorly defined quantity regimen of an unknown quality of a substance will not be able to predict the outcome of people in non-marginalized social situations who vaporize or ingest known quality of the same substance in a fixed regimen.

Last edited by Lumiere on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:26 pm 
Mortal

CBDs (cannabidiol) is what you're looking for, in terms of seizure treatment. You can find strains of cannabis now that are very low in THC, but rich in CBD, for exactly this reason. It is said that it works amazingly for some but not at all for others. It could be worth a try. And like Lumiere said, don't mix medications, legal or otherwise.

I don't know who cubanoh or his characters were, so I wasn't gonna touch this but, good luck to you man. If you think the community here really despises you that much, cut loose from the negativity. Especially considering your condition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 pm 
Mortal

I don't think you should be giving potentially illegal advice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Legal in Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and D.C.!! :D

And legal in several other places as medical treatment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:05 pm 
Mortal

Dabi wrote:
Legal in Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and D.C.!! :D

And legal in several other places as medical treatment.

It may not be legal in DC after all, and it's still a federal crime. Some degenerate scumbag prosecutors will go to whatever length to put people behind bars.