Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Deletions, Punishments, and Forum Bans]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm 
Immortal

Thuban wrote:
Thuban wrote:
Thuban wrote:
Kutsama and Dedicand have been retired for the following:

- Violation of Rule 5 by operating more than one character at the same time;
- Violation of Rule 6 by running an automated character.

Thuban wrote:
Azar has been retired for the following:

- Violation of Rule 7 by exploiting a bug for item attainment.

Thuban wrote:
Yezis has been retired for the following:

- Violation of Rule 7 by inappropriate use of a quest NPC to assist in leveling.

The standard punishment for this is a penalty but, because this player is a unrepentant repeat offender, this character has been retired and the player may only have one character at a time from now on.

Makatiel and the remainder of this player's characters have been retired for the following:

- Refusal to comply with the above restriction to only have one character;
- Repeatedly attempting to lie to the staff about his infractions;

Any further infractions of any variety will result in a permanent site ban for this player.

Layth has been retired and this player has been site banned for the following:

- Violation of Rule 7 by exploiting differences in messages returned via the take command to determine the presence or absence of items in monsters' inventories.

This was done to expedite a quest in order to gain XP faster. This normally would carry the punishment of a penalty but, because of this player's extensive history of bug abuse and other violations, a site ban was given.

In light of an expressed desire to make a positive contribution to the game and the community, the previously banned player of Layth has been allowed to return on a provisional basis, currently under the restriction of one character at a time. We are glad to be able to welcome him back, and look forward to being able to remove this restriction as well at a later date.

Post subject: Re: [Deletions, Punishments, and Forum Bans]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:38 pm 
Immortal

Algorab wrote:
In light of an expressed desire to make a positive contribution to the game and the community, the previously banned player of Layth has been allowed to return on a provisional basis, currently under the restriction of one character at a time. We are glad to be able to welcome him back, and look forward to being able to remove this restriction as well at a later date.

Just as a quick update, and one a bit overdue, the player of Layth has had their single character restriction loosened after demonstrating exemplary behavior as a player and character. We look forward to removing their restrictions entirely sooner, rather than later.

As a brief aside, if any previously banned individuals are sincere in their desire to return feel free to contact me and they will be reviewed on a case by case basis. While some of the bans will always stand due to the reasons for the initial ban(things like sexual harassment for instance), I personally would much rather have good players who have learned from their past mistakes playing, instead of just acting as some kind of example.

Happy Halloween!

Post subject: Re: [Deletions, Punishments and Forum Bans]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 pm 
Immortal

As these are often used as a way to warn other people, I thought it was a good idea to note an action, even if no action ended up being taken due to the players own decision.

The characters Haelina and Xylanz were both removed from the game due to multiplaying/botting, but instead of communicating about the issue chose to delete instead.

Both players were actively using proxies as well.

Multiplaying and botting are of course always unacceptable, but it's important to note that the use of proxies is also frowned upon.

I hope everyone is on the same page with these different issues, and no other conversations need to take place in Hell.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:08 am 
Immortal

The characters Bennie and Ghrud have both been forfeit for violations including botting and multiplaying.

It is easier than ever to level a new character, so I urge returning players not to resort to unfair playing advantages. You will be caught, and the characters will be forfeit, so at the end of the day you're just wasting your own time.

Botting and multiplaying are not victimless crimes, and serve to devalue the effort made by other members of the community. This will not be tolerated at any point in time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:40 am 
Immortal

Quote:
And there's a hand my trusty friend!
And give me a hand o' thine!
And we'll take a right good-will draught,
For auld lang syne.

Happy New Year everyone!

Have a couple of quick things to mention, and this graveyard of past bans and punishments seems the right place for it for now.

Most importantly, the player of Layth has had all character restrictions removed, and has absolutely earned their fresh chance in the game, and the community. Welcome back to good standing :)

Secondly, there has been some confusion and complaint about items that allow the placement of NPCs in populated areas, specifically inns, and since as of now I have been unable to find anyone punished for specifically this, I figured it best to clarify and state where these specific actions stand.

It is not currently against the rules, even Rule One, to summon non-aggressive NPCs into inns and public areas, either via spell or item. There has absolutely been a long-standing rule about bringing aggro NPCs into these areas and that rule is still in effect, but for a NPC to be considered aggressive it needs to attack characters broadly. A NPC scripted to attack everyone not of specific faith, alignment, class, etc, could meet that qualification of attacking "broadly" but in most cases it is going to apply strictly to NPCs that are actually flagged as aggressive. Just to further clarify, "broadly" also doesn't apply to those who have committed crimes in a kingdom, and are getting attacked automatically by guards either.

For those who may point out other people have been talked to about their use of similar items and actions, all the examples I was able to find all involved the reason for the action being the primary reason for interaction and/or punishment. So just to say very plainly and so no one gets lost in my wall of text...

While there is no rule against summoning non aggro NPCs into public places, all the other rules DO apply to those actions including PvP/RP, multiplaying,
etc.

TLDR: Layth is welcomed back fully, and using sentry type NPCs in public places is not against any rules by itself, but if not done as part of existing RP may run afoul of other rules.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 pm 
Immortal

The character Daisuke has been forfeit due to botting violations. Further infractions will lead to player removal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 am 
Immortal

The forum ID "TacoRobot" requested that their forum status be reconsidered, and per the forum rules a moderation panel was convened as soon as possible.

The outcome of that panel is as follows: TacoRobot's probation has been lifted, and they are welcome again to post at their leisure as long as all rules are followed.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to address them to me via e-mail or PM.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am 
Immortal

The character Villana has been forfeit due to violation of the rules against bots/character automation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:44 am 
Immortal

The player Ardith has been permanently banned for disruptive and abusive behavior, in addition to their already existing forum ban.

We understand this may come as a surprise to some, and it is not a decision we take likely, but it has become readily apparent that the attitudes and ideas expressed by this player are not compatible with being a positive member of the community moving forward.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns about this action, please reach out to me either via PM or by e-mail at Algorab@ShatteredKingdoms.org and I will be happy to discuss them. If uncomfortable speaking with me, you may always contact Dulrik directly at Dulrik@ShatteredKingdoms.org.

Algorab

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 pm 
Immortal

I usually refrain from posting these for very low level characters, but since a ban is taking place I thought it best to do so in this instance.

The character Ymir has been forfeit due to violation of our rule against automation/botting, the IP they used to connect is also being banned due to it being a known open proxy, used for spamming and other questionable activities.

I have spoken with quite a few people over the last few months about playing from home, or work, and I'll reiterate that this is generally going to be just fine(private proxy/VPN, some form of notice is always nice), but when people use known open proxies to break the rules those addresses will be banned in an effort to maintain fairness for the people who are playing the right way.

As always, if there are any questions feel free to contact me via e-mail or PM.

Algorab

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next