Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mesziki
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Weymar
Well, I just wanted to type some things, because when someone retires I always wonder why, and they never come to the forum and say. I've played on and off over the years, but never past Initiate status, so really Mesziki is my first full-fledged character. Some of the best fun I had as Mesziki: That one time everyone banded together, Thorg and Izota and some others, to help me complete the quest in the Valley. Teamwork is kind of magical and amazing. Also, my induction into the religion of Fear with the priest Kharloth, loved it. Kharloth was fanatical and creative, and I wish I had been more of both. I regret the time I got lost and couldn't come to his aid (I draw maps now, but I hardly need to refer to them anymore.) Planning my evil wedding with Daravien that never came to be. Listening to people tell jokes at the Crossroads. Aiden's abundance of friendliness, helpfulness and overall excellent mentorship, and by the way no one pounces on newcomers and welcomes them, the way Aiden did. But they should. Lifelong friendships start at the beginning. I loved every single talk with Merida. There are more fun times and names I'm forgetting, but alas. Mesziki out.

Post subject: Re: Mesziki
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:13 am 
Gold Donor

Mesziki was great to hang around with. I remember helping out in the Valley, travelling around with Daravien looking for stylish and functional armor, and the enjoyable conversations.

I played Izota, and after reading this you are the only one I want to apologize to for just retiring with no explanation. It was always a blast!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 am 
Mortal

:( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:38 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
I like Mesziki. May her afterlife travels be fraught with Terror. :drunk:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:55 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Thank you for being a part of The Empire.
You made leaps and bounds throughout the life of this character.
I was looking forward to seeing the direction you were taking her.
But when its time to retire, its time to retire. And I can't blame you for that.
I hope you enjoy your next. Consider something neutral. You'll go far in SK. Just keep your head up and keep learning.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 am 
Mortal

Mesziki was awesome and a let of fun to share both in game lore through aiden and the occasional ooc help since she is new to the game. Best of luck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am 
Mortal

motheroon wrote:
by the way no one pounces on newcomers and welcomes them, the way Aiden did

Should be amended to say "female newcomers" :P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:38 am 
Mortal

I knew somebody was going to go there. No, he was actively seeking out all newcomers. I made other alts for a while and came to fully expect his greeting sooner or later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 pm 
Mortal

As a new player, how did you feel about warlocks? What did you think were their strengths? What did you feel was lacking in the class?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 pm 
Mortal

That's a good question! I've been through the forums and saw a lot of consensus about warlocks being "underpowered." But looking at other classes now, I'm reluctant to let go of the warlock's strengths. Several detect spells, flight, invisibility. You can put a pet behind your elemental and face melee type people from third row. You can also get backstabbed from third row, but still. And fireball was always my favourite. I love starting battles with a fireball fired from the next room. What I didn't like about Mesziki, probably could have been fixed by choosing better stats. Her intel and wisdom weren't too high, so she kept running out of mana, and without her elemental she pretty much dies. And without a bunch of cyan jewelry she had poor concentration. So in my opinion... you can potentially make a warlock that is strong and independent.