Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ash
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:55 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
I've interacted with Ash as a mort briefly and really liked the character. It's a shame to see him go. After reading your follow up, I figured it is worth a response.

Stating that you "know" the staff reads the other fan site and therefore should know all the conversations and comings and goings there is just an unfortunate statement. You make a declaration based on a hunch then that assumption becomes the basis for an argument. However, the premise is flawed. I cannot disprove a negative, so it leaves the conversation a non-starter. No, I do not follow the other site. Even when I used to go there to read the occasional PK log, I don't have an active account to read the comments. You might assume we're reading things that we are not. I can't make you believe the truth unless you choose to believe it, just like I cannot know all the things I haven't read/heard elsewhere just because you assume that I do or should. In the interest of honest dialogue, if it's not here, believe that none of the staff has seen/read it. That's a basic to start with.

When we tell you that we don't know what this situation is that you're talking about-- we're being honest. Maybe you were dealing with a Harlie? Maybe you were dealing with a polymorph or a disguise or a charm? I don't know, but even with more information shared to describe your encounter, I still don't know what you're talking about either. When the other Imms say that they didn't take part in the interaction you described, I believe them. This conversation and communication is at a standstill, however, if you choose to believe we are lying.

In short, I think I've always given you and your characters a fair shot this year. I've extended to you the courtesy of assuming that your words are honest and truthful. But I also hear you not extending the same courtesy in return. I understand and agree with your words in that the players are what gives the world life. Communication and trust works in two directions. If you expect trust in our dealings, and expect us to listen when you communicate something, does it not seem equally important to extend the same courtesy to us? As it stands, I know nothing more about your situation now than I did before you retired, except some nebulous assumption that I should.

It's tiresome to have your time constantly questioned with the worst possible motives constantly attached to my actions (and inactions). We are expected to assume the best of every player action (even when cheating of rules is involved), while at the same time that same consideration is often withheld from the player interacting with the staff. I haven't dedicated years of my life to trying to ruin anybody's gaming experience. None of us have. We are here with as good of intentions and goals as anybody else.