Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Thayner
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:13 pm 
Implementor

Lumiere wrote:
Dulrik- instead of coding tribunals to function even when there's only one player, you would do better to ask yourself why no one is logging in to the Legion. May I suggest that you explore the Legion forums and see if there are any common concerns among the players there?

More (incorrect) guesses as to what I've working on for the last two months. It's okay though, I should have thought better about mentioning it until I was ready to make an announcement.

As for Legion/Midnight, I read all the messages that were traded back in mid-November as they were being posted. I went back and read it again now and all I see is the staff answering some questions and then no action being taken by the faction or the staff.

If the answers to those questions caused Midnight to stop playing en masse, I wasn't even aware of it. If there is some sort of protest going on, it is probably best if a post is made there letting staff know. At any rate, I posted on that Midnight thread to try to jump start it. Don't post further about faction matters in the Afterlife thread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:57 pm 

Drale wrote:
I'll give it some time. I brought my girlfriend in as a new player, and it's been truly infuriating watching veteran players justify patrolling leveling areas and killing her over and over because she was seen using me as a meat shield in the chancel. Pacifist monks patrol killing and grieving players over and over. This game is not what I left 2 1/2 years ago I'm disgusted.

we weren't patrolling, we were looking for horseshoes. i finally have good armor after the last time ur teammates killed me and junked all my stuff. we just happened to run into u, and ur girlfriend wasn't running to safety, she was typing circle stab!

ur character didn't even die. we tried to give her corpse + her stuff back to her, but she ignored us. sorry, but i haven't killed anybody over and over, i haven't griefed anybody, and our fight last night was just a PK that u happened to lose. i'm not even GM and i've been jumped by whole groups of imperials as a master, lost all my eq. don't be mad. get even.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:09 pm 
Mortal

You're a [REDACTED] Ivon. I'm good on getting even play the game by yourself with Chenji I'm sure it's a blast with no opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:59 pm 
Implementor

Just as an uninformed bystander, there seems to be a major disconnect between Ivon's last post and Drale's response. Drale, you appear to be insinuating that Ivon is not telling the truth about what happened. Instead of using name calling, please be precise about the disputed info.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 am 

Drale wrote:
You're a [REDACTED] Ivon. I'm good on getting even play the game by yourself with Chenji I'm sure it's a blast with no opposition.

get ur facts right- ur faction is at war with mine. ur faction has rekt me more than once. ur faction gates GMs to the Hart & Rose to kill me when I'm mentoring my friend and have no armor. i was looking for shoes because ur faction junk looted me, its not my fault u were there at the same time.

maybe Chenji killed u b4 i don't know, i barely know him. but i didn't do anything wrong. i've only been in a few PK, i usually die and lose everything. i don't delete and call people names. i don't grief u or ur girl. maybe other people are dicks to u, but that's not my fault. u come here and call me names for one-half a successful pk? :roll: sour grapes. you're a sore loser.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 pm 
Mortal

I enjoyed my interactions with Thayner but I can't help but point out that you've tried to level patrol me. Maybe you were just looking for someone else but that still counts in my book. You can't shoot someone and then cry about it when they shoot back.

If you're part of a group that treats other players a certain way, don't be surprised when you're given the same treatment. Maybe you can do RP afterwards and tell them if you're not comfortable with how things went. If it conflicts with RP you can still have a conversation and end with a OOC note saying so.

Nobody else is active then your only choice is to RP defeat. If you were a stand-up player to your enemies, they probably won't mind letting you off the hook as the only person still active within that group. If you're not trying to take steps toward RPing defeat in that state you have only yourself to blame.

ivon wrote:
don't be mad. get even.

I also find that this mentality is very wrong. The whole "get even" attitude can only fuel negative aspects of this game.

Maybe Thayner wasn't even a participant in your murder and looting. Does that mean he should get a free pass? No, but it wouldn't hurt to RP instead of killing him to "get even". You could have probably done RP and asked if they want to fight if you were so set on PvP.

That might sound crazy but I type who and see less than a dozen players. Would have made more sense if they created new unaffiliated characters, but would it really hurt you to just let them play? It robs you of a kill, but let's someone else continue enjoying their experience.

It might be a stupid mentality to have while playing this game. Especially since some players will never change. Even if you treat someone fairly, they might end up giving you the short end of the stick. Still, that shouldn't discourage you from trying to improve the overall quality of the game. And nobody enjoys sitting AFK as a ghost while waiting for a priest to login.

tl;dr - Be nice. Brush after meals. Let other people have fun too. Floss daily.