Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thayner
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:28 pm 
Mortal

Because of being spam killed and unable to get any support...Or even any other legion members to log in. I'm out. :rant:

Post subject: Re: Thayner
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 pm 
Implementor

I'm actually working on something that may help with this. So check back in after the next update announcement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 pm 
Mortal

I'll give it some time. I brought my girlfriend in as a new player, and it's been truly infuriating watching veteran players justify patrolling leveling areas and killing her over and over because she was seen using me as a meat shield in the chancel. Pacifist monks patrol killing and grieving players over and over. This game is not what I left 2 1/2 years ago I'm disgusted.

Last edited by Drale on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:43 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
D No offense but it's a little to late. I've read and watched the logs. It's nothing more than a couple lifers griefing other players cause they can. I mean how many constant pkill/gangs on one character back to back to back because the elitists are assholes. The games falling apart and still we have players griefing unrequited newbies.

And I understand it's a pk game, but a little courtesy for returning players and newbies is needed. And I get the whole don't join a warring faction but ffs why not just not play the game if you want to have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
I'm not sure what pacifist monks are, but rage quitting hasn't ever solved any problems.

Anyway, bringing your girlfriend to sk is a bold move.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm 
Mortal

Don't join a warring faction if you don't want to be PK'd.

If a tribunal member is helping you level and he gets attacked, quaff word.

Dulrik, you can't protect people from the consequences of their own poor decisions. There's already a system in place to deal with this issue: It's called "natural selection." SK has already become more boring, and its players more cyncial, since the "everyone gets a gold star" logic of no CRS. If you didn't get any positive feedback from that, why would you think that more kiddie glove measures would be helpful?

You can't have a competitive game with no losers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:05 pm 
Mortal

Lumiere wrote:
Don't join a warring faction if you don't want to be PK'd.

If a tribunal member is helping you level and he gets attacked, quaff word.

Dulrik, you can't protect people from the consequences of their own poor decisions. There's already a system in place to deal with this issue: It's called "natural selection." SK has already become more boring, and its players more cyncial, since the "everyone gets a gold star" logic of no CRS. If you didn't get any positive feedback from that, why would you think that more kiddie glove measures would be helpful?

You can't have a competitive game with no losers.

Quaffing word is truly ideal, when the game you play supports a who list that has regular priests/shamans on to brew for you. Grievance players like you have probably ran them off as well, though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:18 pm 
Implementor

Drale wrote:
Because of being spam killed and unable to get any support...Or even any other legion members to log in. I'm out. :rant:

Not sure who people play and what factions are involved. My first comment assumes that Drale is a member of Legion and isn't able to communicate with or get support from his own faction. That is what I am aiming to improve. Not add PK restrictions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:32 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Half on topic, you would have been better off rolling a neutral character to level alongside your girlfriend if you didn't want your assistance to put a target on her back. Not defending level patrolling, because that's the sort of stuff that people do when they only care about their own ego, but that would have been a much more useful solution. It stands to reason that by giving direct help as a Legion member to a target that you were doing them as much harm as good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:09 pm 
Mortal

Even Edoras gets it, and he's usually the first one to rush to the defense of the loser.

The newbie in question saw that her Legion buddy was getting attacked, and she chose to enter "circle stab" instead of "flee" into her prompt, multiple times. This decision came back on her, "full circle." Even despite this, I went mode stun for her and told the other group member to stun, but he was slow. Was going to give the corpse back anyway. Thayner (OP) just lost shield/cuirass to (SEKRET CABAL ABILITY SHH ITS A SEKRET) but escaped. No one was getting "level patrolled" here, just ran into them and decided to take the opportunity. I'm not sure where all the tears came from.

Dulrik- instead of coding tribunals to function even when there's only one player, you would do better to ask yourself why no one is logging in to the Legion. May I suggest that you explore the Legion forums and see if there are any common concerns among the players there?