Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Holion Brokenspoke
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:57 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I cant help but feel this is a case of one punishment does not fit all. A $1000 fine in RL means the rich can effectively ignore the law the poor are harshly punished by it. The same thing happens in SK. A character deletion to some players is a day or two punishment to other players it is a month or two. I can see a few ways around this most of them move the punishments to play time limits. Which could be done and have a more even level of punishment tailor to different play levels.
In cases of multi playing loot transfer the (H) flag can be used to great effect rather than deletion.
Something Im not sure is possible but might be a good addition to the game a character(or player much harder to implement) time restriction. AKA can only play SK for X hour(s) every 24 for Y day(s) as punishment. This would enable a punishment to stick when a harsher punishment needs to get handed out. It could also be used to help problem players who are becoming too invested to help them cool off rather than banning out right. It would also hopefully help a player be able to show in their play the difference between an Oppz I broke the rules and Yer I meant to break the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm 
Mortal

Thuban wrote:
Baldric wrote:
More and more, it seems the only way to guarantee that you won't be deleted for multiplaying is to only have one character at a time. The burden of proof seems to be on the player to prove they are innocent if there is any possibility of impropriety on their part.

That's not a guarantee. If you have one character and remove all, drop all, then retire it and roll a new character and get all that loot, you would be breaking the rules. Likewise if you passed all your loot to another player's character, retired, rolled up a new character, and then got it all passed back to you on your new character on down the road when you are high enough level to keep it, you would be breaking the rules.

Out of all the responses Baldric's post could've garnished from a staffer, a hypothetical rules infraction is what we got? I mean I hope you're trolling. Nobody who cares about the sentiment of Baldric's post would deny blatant cheating in your scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:05 pm 
Immortal

Ezaya wrote:
Out of all the responses Baldric's post could've garnished from a staffer, a hypothetical rules infraction is what we got? I mean I hope you're trolling. Nobody who cares about the sentiment of Baldric's post would deny blatant cheating in your scenario.

You and Baldric aren't the target audience. There are less experienced players who read the forums who might misconstrue what he said as meaning that you cannot get in trouble for item transfer as long as you retire your character before you create a new one and take possession of the items.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:02 am 
Mortal

Mereht and that dude had the best times.