Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Pobop/Jumei
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am 
Mortal

gergi wrote:
Remove pick lock barriers from end game areas, probably the main reason I had no problem leaving the game. We had a pretty good party to explore stuff and 0 chance of visiting the grey wastes simply because nobody could pick locks. Some players took it upon themselves to roll bards exclusively for lore/pick lock but you can't multiplay to get them in the party. Add tools to pick locks or add keys with extra steps to get past this.

Had you asked around you would have had little trouble getting what you needed to know to explore it.

Either way I'm sad to see Jumei go, she was always fun to RP with.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm 

Going to miss you. Was actually looking for you over the weekend to try to figure out how to get into Gazzu Gazzu for gigs. Can't seem to find anyone with relevant knowledge about Jade City tower or Gazzu Gazzu during my playtime, although Morovik seemed to know how to get him, we got hit with some bad random invis break during ethereal.

-Mosco

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:16 am 
Implementor

Morovik wrote:
gergi wrote:
PS - Change losing flight in sky areas to work like drowning.

This sounds like a really nice idea. Give you time at least to quaff word. It also makes sense.

It actually doesn't make sense. It makes sense for random items to be floating in the water. It does not make sense for random items to be floating in the air.

When you fall, if there is a down direction for you to fall into that has ground, you will do so. In that case your items are placed there along with your corpse. It's only these situations where there is no ground as part of the built zone that this action occurs. And those should be rare. If you think it makes sense for there to be ground below the air sector, please use the bug command from that room to let us know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:02 am 
Mortal

Morovik wrote:
gergi wrote:
PS - Change losing flight in sky areas to work like drowning.

This sounds like a really nice idea. Give you time at least to quaff word. It also makes sense.

You suddenly start to fall.

Air races around you as you begin your descent. 5 seconds

You are really picking up speed. 10 seconds

Your equipment has been scattered beyond retrieval. 15 seconds

So a 15 second window to quaff flight or WoR.

Never skydive without a parachute. Your body will never be found!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 am 
Implementor

That is an interesting way to approach it. Will have to think about what it would entail for changing the code.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:51 pm 
Immortal

gergi wrote:
Dulrik wrote:
gergi wrote:
Between reports of hoarding doing nothing

Not sure what this means. I searched backwards into your more recent previous posts and didn't spot any comments about hoarding. Random unexplained complaints are a bit frustrating.

I've been using the new form to report rule infractions. I reported a hoarder at least twice since the beginning of 2017 and corresponded through PMs at least once, but that might have been lost when the forums reset.

I was discouraged from naming hoarders publicly on the forums by a member of staff prior to the reset, even though I think it should be made public so the players can be made aware and have a say in the matter, but maybe I was the only one who cared? So I didn't bother posting a lengthy rant for the sake of morale after one awesome player decided to kill the hoarder. The game is in a decent state right now so there's no reason to rock the boat.

PS - Change losing flight in sky areas to work like drowning. Change Ephialtes' armor endowments to be spread out across RF/WP/FT and not full on WP, nobody needs that. Remove pick lock barriers from end game areas, probably the main reason I had no problem leaving the game. We had a pretty good party to explore stuff and 0 chance of visiting the grey wastes simply because nobody could pick locks. Some players took it upon themselves to roll bards exclusively for lore/pick lock but you can't multiplay to get them in the party. Add tools to pick locks or add keys with extra steps to get past this.

Last post! I won't be checking back anymore, unless it's a PM that triggers my e-mail. Thank you all for the experiences and best wishes to all.

Just as a heads up for anyone wanting to know about the "hoarding reports via form" and to let people realize we/I do go over them. I spoke with this player after the reports, back in June, but it was a single report of hoarding using a single weapon as the example. It was more of a complaint over someones usage of the request command then an actual complaint about hoarding. There WAS another report, but it was not about hoarding, instead it was a complaint that someone had enlightened a character they had interacted with.

I won't go into any more detail than that, mostly because I like to keep the reports I get between the people who made them, the staff, and the people who received a complaint about their actions. I don't have any issue with anyone reporting something they believe to be an issue, but unless a serious infraction has taken place where a significant punishment is required it isn't going to be posted on these forums. It's not about naming and shaming, but about correcting the behavior that can actually be a problem. Believe it or not, that is often more easily done with a brief chat in my office. That's not to say curses and more serious punishments don't happen, but for most infractions they aren't even on the table until a discussion has taken place to clarify the situation.

Hopefully this helps anyone that has questions on the topic, and if you want to discuss this, or any other issue further feel free to PM me, or report any issues via the form gergi was referring to.

Thanks for all your time and effort spent with us gergi, and you're of course welcome to return at any time.

Algorab

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm 
Mortal

In those zones with no ground, what are you falling towards and what is killing you? Wouldn't you just keep falling and have an infinite amount of time to quaff/cast fly?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:56 am 
Mortal

I liked your char though i always had the impression of hidden evil intentions towards my char. Honestly, i do strongly believe that Sk needs more players of good will intentions and benevolence than succesful in game characters. I believe that you cannot avoid entirely connecting your char to your desires ooc, ie, you cannot roleplay properly a rude character without accepting the fact that you will end up playing alone. But, like you said, fun comes first and is totaly respected pov.

PS: I would strongly recommend to think it over and create a relaxing char that you will enjoy and co-operate with others.
Have serious fun.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Ajon wrote:
In those zones with no ground, what are you falling towards and what is killing you? Wouldn't you just keep falling and have an infinite amount of time to quaff/cast fly?

No one knows what is in the void. Anyone who falls into it never comes out, and the memories of the resurrected who have plunged into its depths never provide a clear picture of what truly caused their demise. Some adventurers have relayed stories after an ally fell into the void only to be resurrected later, that not only did they fail to remember the incident, but would seem to have other memories of events that never existed.

"What lies in the void? You'll have an easier time divining the true nature of Thuban himself." -Adreon Hammerfist, Dwarven cleric of Dulrik.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 am 
Mortal

Algorab wrote:
Just as a heads up for anyone wanting to know about the "hoarding reports via form" and to let people realize we/I do go over them. I spoke with this player after the reports, back in June, but it was a single report of hoarding using a single weapon as the example. It was more of a complaint over someones usage of the request command then an actual complaint about hoarding. There WAS another report, but it was not about hoarding, instead it was a complaint that someone had enlightened a character they had interacted with.

I won't go into any more detail than that, mostly because I like to keep the reports I get between the people who made them, the staff, and the people who received a complaint about their actions. I don't have any issue with anyone reporting something they believe to be an issue, but unless a serious infraction has taken place where a significant punishment is required it isn't going to be posted on these forums. It's not about naming and shaming, but about correcting the behavior that can actually be a problem. Believe it or not, that is often more easily done with a brief chat in my office. That's not to say curses and more serious punishments don't happen, but for most infractions they aren't even on the table until a discussion has taken place to clarify the situation.

Hopefully this helps anyone that has questions on the topic, and if you want to discuss this, or any other issue further feel free to PM me, or report any issues via the form gergi was referring to.

Thanks for all your time and effort spent with us gergi, and you're of course welcome to return at any time.

Algorab

Okay. So, you're saying I reported someone and you didn't investigate because the evidence wasn't substantial enough to warrant it. I can't give you a list of items when the character in question logs in once a month and only stays on when I'm on a character that cannot locate. That is the point of hoarding and the reason I reported it. They're not on for players to be able to locate stuff. That sounds like something a staff member would have to do, but I don't know what kind of interface you're working with. I don't know if you can look at someones gear when they're offline. Either way, you should have investigated and you would have easily determined that he was in fact hoarding.

You have less than 10 players so it's not hard to figure out who I reported. I reported <REDACTED> for giving my character an enlightenment after our only interaction was one tell and one reply. "Can you mentor me?" and "No, I'm busy". Furthermore, I've asked on multiple occasion to be removed from the potential paragon list because the lack of transparency. Why can't I have a command to show me who I've given rewards to? The last time I asked, some staff member responded in a condescending tone and said I should be able to keep track. That's stupid when you have multiple characters who get paragon by default through logging the minimum hours to keep loot and don't want the flag in the first place because of the lack of the aforementioned command. Why? Because it leaves you open to the selective punishment of the staff on the basis of abusing the paragon system.

Speaking of which, is misusing request not a punishable offense moving forward? Since you didn't think it was worth investigating with <REDACTED>. Or is that part of the selective enforcement of rules? In any case, I probably used a false e-mail for my follow-up reports through the forums due to the inaction as you previously stated. Why wouldn't I? I'm just sending reports to your trash can so it doesn't matter where the return address is.

And yes, we also spoke after I started actually using the form to report actual offenses, and you responded with a Dr.Phil-esque inquiry about my mental health or something. I entertained it because I thought maybe there was a chance you'd care about the poor state of the game, and I'm not talking about the decline in player count, but rather the quality of RP. Taslamar-Empire alliance to explore the grey wastes? What a bunch of great paragons and heroes our rich lore has produced. But it's okay, I get it, you're working on the next big thing in the grey wastes. Makes sense with our abundance of players willing to explore that area.

And no, I'm not thinking of returning to the game. I just found it hilarious that you'd respond like that. "He reported something, but it wasn't worth investigating, so I'm not sure what he's talking about reports being useless?" Good luck to the players. It's quite obvious they are just making things up as they go.

Edit: And why are you sharing the details of my private communication to the staff while reporting violations? Please ban yourself. lul

Edited by Algorab - Removed names of reported characters as all characters reported were already cleared

Last edited by Algorab on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited by Algorab- Naming and shaming players already cleared