Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: All banned people
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
I mean Adroan probably shouldn't be allowed to play.

Grep's totally harmless though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:55 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Baldric wrote:
I mean Adroan probably shouldn't be allowed to play.

Grep's totally harmless though.

Grrr is a weird dude. But he was a cool personality to have in SK across many characters.
I’m an advocate for removing all bans. I’d like to see a lot of these Thuban’s Fury Bans be lifted.
But I think a question that needs to be asked is “do these banned players even want to come back?”
Most of them feel like they were wrongly accused and conspired against. I believe that some have taken their ban as a blessing. They were forced away from an, in their eyes, abusive immstaff and they’d only want to come back if there was some alternate leadership.

I think Algorab has done a great job as RM and can’t think of any punishments that have been sent out that we’re extreme or unjust. That being said, I think many have a bitter taste in their mouth.

But for those banned players that want to come back, I agree that someone has to make the first step. And I think it would be a really big man move if the immstaff were the ones to do it.

Here’s to hoping. :drunk:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Trosis wrote:
I think Algorab has done a great job as RM and can’t think of any punishments that have been sent out that we’re extreme or unjust. That being said, I think many have a bitter taste in their mouth.

But for those banned players that want to come back, I agree that someone has to make the first step. And I think it would be a really big man move if the immstaff were the ones to do it.

Fully agreed.

I also think the rule manager position should NOT be anonymous. Transparency is key here and could restore a lot of faith in the system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:06 pm 
Mortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
Trosis wrote:

Fully agreed.

I also think the rule manager position should NOT be anonymous. Transparency is key here and could restore a lot of faith in the system.

I don’t think RM had been hidden for quite a while. Thuban was open about being RM for a long time and the Algorab announced openly that he had the position nearly as soon as he took on the role. I’m unsure what you are getting at with that..?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 pm 
Mortal

I mean the identity of the IMM as far as their previous forum handle and characters played.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:55 pm 
Mortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
I mean the identity of the IMM as far as their previous forum handle and characters played.

Ah... I believe that is a bit different then. I would like to see that transparency as well, just for imms in general. But I could also see argument against “business vs personal lives.”
One would hope that a reputation or mind-set as a player would not translate through to immortality. But that isn’t always the case.

I did learn at one point that if an imms mortal is outed and known among the pbase to be an imms current mortal, the character has to be deleted s so they do have restrictions and need for secrecy, it seems.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:32 am 
Immortal

While I won't speak to any one specific ban, most of those bans aren't going to ever be removed, so any kind of blanket amnesty just isn't going to happen.

I completely agree with some of the sentiments shown, smaller punishments are usually better. Punishments that fit the crime are best. However, most of the players currently on that list of bans were punished previously, and instead of accepting that punishment and changing their behavior, they instead chose to escalate that improper behavior, as well as actively encouraging other people to do the same. Taking it a step further, some of the people on that ban list specifically took actions they knew would get them banned on purpose. Habitual line-stepping for a decade culminating in all but asking to be banned doesn't exactly make anyone jump at providing another chance. There is literally nothing to suggest the same behaviors wouldn't immediately re-occur.

Most of the players that left due to the abuse and harassment committed by those players won't ever return either, so instead of lamenting that a group of skilled players couldn't keep it together enough not to be banned, perhaps we should instead remember the people who aren't banned, but still aren't around to speak for themselves.

That's not to say that some people on that list aren't "worse" than others, but I can't argue for a second against the idea that every single person on that list has shown themselves to be more interested in doing what they enjoy at any given moment, regardless of its impact on others or requests and rules to the contrary, than being part of a collaborative game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
saxifragaceae wrote:

I thought everyone knew that Algorab = Lyara?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:49 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:

I thought everyone knew that Algorab = Lyara?

Impossible. I'm Lyara.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
You wish.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next