Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bye
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Huge respect to the player for great character contributions over the years. A sad day for SK. I echo every one else's sentiments.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:27 am 
Mortal

Man, SK took one on the chin with this one.

RIP, I hope you come back at some point, Tragonis. Played with you and against you plenty, never a bad experience. This sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
You've been a foundational part of the community and playerbase since the early years. I enjoyed playing with/against you as a player and working with you when I was an admin. Can't blame your reasoning, but you will definitely be missed. Best wishes in all your future gaming and life activities.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:37 am 
Implementor

Tragonis, sorry to hear you are leaving and I wish you the best in your future endeavors and gaming. Regarding the timeliness of communication, I do sincerely apologize.

As communicated via email to Tragonis prior to his decision to leave, this would be a good place to remind everyone that SK has always had a policy of not reimbursing equipment for any reason. There's a concrete reason for this: equipment in SK is limited. Handing out an item that is already maxed puts everyone else that owns it into a race where the first person to die will lose it.

Occasionally the no-reimbursement rule has been bent, as Tragonis himself reminded me when he told me he has had EQ restored in the past. I don't recall any detail of that incident or why it would have been made an exception, but unfortunately it just set up a false expectation for the future which has come back to cause negative feelings in the present.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:50 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Tragonis, sorry to hear you are leaving and I wish you the best in your future endeavors and gaming. Regarding the timeliness of communication, I do sincerely apologize.

As communicated via email to Tragonis prior to his decision to leave, this would be a good place to remind everyone that SK has always had a policy of not reimbursing equipment for any reason. There's a concrete reason for this: equipment in SK is limited. Handing out an item that is already maxed puts everyone else that owns it into a race where the first person to die will lose it.

Occasionally the no-reimbursement rule has been bent, as Tragonis himself reminded me when he told me he has had EQ restored in the past. I don't recall any detail of that incident or why it would have been made an exception, but unfortunately it just set up a false expectation for the future which has come back to cause negative feelings in the present.

The current equipment policy is just one of those cut throat rules that only antagonizes the playerbase and creates ill-will from players.

I think there should've been a middle ground in regards to Tragonis where reimbursing equipment can only be reimbursed when it is "available"; therefore, not putting strain on the limited equipment. This is in accordance to Dulrik's reasoning of "equipment in SK is limited." This whole Trag quitting could've been prevented if an IMM just lifted a single finger to restore "some" pieces to toss Trag a few bones but instead he got wall.

Because this is a system bug not a player created bug. Administrators should take responsibility for their bug and help players whenever they can within reason. Anything beyond that is just being lazy.

All the IMM has to do is check if its on the NPC that spawns it. Its not hard to teleport to NPC, slay, slay, enchant, enchant, and give back eq to player. Then say sorry cant reimburse nephrite because there are none left. While it may not be as good as the eq before, it does build some goodwill for at least attempting to restore equipment. Throwing enchants on gear would probably be optional at the IMMs discretion.

For me as a player, when I see this, it demoralizes me from ever consider playing the game (though I'm not sure if I would be welcomed). I really dont want to play a game where the players are treated like s***

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I agree with this.
And it’s the fact that this wipe bug happened to Trag on 3 separate occasions.
How can a player be expected to re-obtain their end-game gear every single month?
If I were in Trag’s shoes, I would probably have quit too.

Have we determined what this bug actually was and how it happened? Possibly how it could be avoided? If it’s not getting a coded fix anytime soon, we as a playerbase should be informed on how to avoid it.

I think that an instance like this should include reimbursement, and it should be announced publicly, via the forums, that the reimbursement has occurred.
A list of items that were reimbursed should be included in the post for transparency, however I’d understand if it wasn’t included because of ic information of who has what items.
That being said, we sought to have locate work for offline players as well. So I don’t think the players would argue against it.

Either way, it’s a policy change that should be re-considered for instances like this.
SK took a bit hit and it could have been avoided.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:30 am 
Mortal

Can we have a talk about the way Trosis constructs his posts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:36 am 
Mortal

TacoRobot wrote:

ugh... now that you mention it... each line per sentence/question and double spacing in random places is mildly infuriating haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
BAI7l7 wrote:
TacoRobot wrote:

ugh... now that you mention it... each line per sentence/question and double spacing in random places is mildly infuriating haha.

Lulz.
While ranting I try to separate thoughts a little bit.
And on mobile I often times like to start a new line for new sentences.

That isn’t quite the current train of thought though.

If you can’t tell, I’m owning the troll. Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
We could all roll Thubanites to lure Trag back.