Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Asither of Aldaron/Bones
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 pm 
Mortal

I don't even know where to begin. This character started as a test character I only intended to keep for a couple weeks to piddle around with since the player counts dipped and it stuck. It stuck for two and a half years, in fact. I had no idea what I was getting in to. The character itself began with no real backstory or real thought because of that. I hated the name. Asither...ugh. His adjective was a troll adjective because well...a striking male elf strikes you with his fist causing a gush of BLOOD! Right...the list goes on and on.

I really hoped I was able to get some momentum going in Ayamao and I made sure to have someone in the wings to pick up the torch for me there who is willing to see it through. The fact is, real life wins out. We had twin girls in April. It has been amazing. But when it comes to sk, I was hoping to have these particular RPs wrapped up by then because I knew my workload would be too much and I tried my best to stick it out best I could but this was as far as I could make it. I hope those of you who got to interact with me on Asither enjoyed it.

There are SO many people to thank that I interacted with over the course of this character. I am going to attempt to name them all in no particular order, though I will list my mvps at the end who really had an influence on the character over a good portion of his life. Naubie, Arisa, Quango, Ebrex, Leila, Bim, Dedhorobrog, Xeric, Reykur, Krabr, Jerel, Aarogra, Gaelin, Basilius, Ardemon, Mathilgorion, Seracyn, Kovac, Fhin, Raug, Saphielle, Reven, Phaeril, Boarys, Jovin...my brain is struggling at this point because I am exhausted because I don't know what sleep is anymore. So. On to the MVPs who had a core influence on his character and story arch, and to no one's surprise I am sure for those who knew him, and again, in no particular order. Kilni, Gainas, Blythe. Those three characters had a tremendous impact on Asither because of their lasting influence over a long period of time. Thank you all for sharing your characters and experiences with me over the last few years.

As for me, this is it for me, Shattered Kingdoms. I have no intention of returning for many reasons, but the big one being I simply won't have the time to invest into SK like I have enjoyed investing in SK in the past. I wish all of you the best.

Last edited by Bones on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Asither of Aldaron/Bones
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:05 pm 
Mortal

'It's a pity his old knees finally gave out on him, he was such a good dancer.' - Gainas

:drunk:

Things wont quite be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:39 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Take care boo. Always enjoyed you.

Am I the only one who thought that Ashiter was the real character and Asither was the troll?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:19 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Alas, all good things must come to an end.

It was a pleasure to interact, learn, and grow, and age beside you/your character.

Thank you for the privilege of taking the opportunity to take the mop haired kid under wing.

All the best in life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
this sucks major [REDACTED]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:13 pm 
Mortal

Congradulations on twins. I enjoyed Asither on so many characters it's not even funny. It seems to me he's been around since I started playing. I'm glad real life is going so well for you. Thanks for playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:32 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Asither was a pillar. A reliability. A real shame to see you go and the game is surely poorer for it.
However, I know that you have new responsibilities and that you grew tired of some issues with the game's administration and I can understand that.
Here's hoping that you'll feel the pull again and return and have fun doing so.

Until then, thank you for all the fun times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 pm 
Mortal

Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Asither was a staple of the game for a long [REDACTED] time. You killed it.

Good luck with the kiddos.

I don't really expect to ever see SK really hit any sort of serious activity ever again, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 pm 
Mortal

We will be sending out your retirement package and benefits at once. Thank you for joining us in retirement. :drunk:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 am 
Mortal

Asither is probably the only reason I stuck around for so long. Fhin was my first real char in a decade, and you took me under your wing (silver hair, idk?). Later I rolled Okko to mix it up, then rolled Ashiter to troll you, then Kovac to fight you.

Never was a dull moment.

Long live the Elf Chowder.