Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:24 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
-Johnix- wrote:
Tragonis wrote:
Why not give paladins a stat point increase in wisdom after squiring 5 paladins successfully? Or permitting their wisdom race max to go up one point? Would be nifty.

It could be abused but you can do it indirectly. For example each knight can have one squire per 4 years. After the knight has squired 5 paladins successfully he can teach the spells up to superb. This will surely bring more squires to the paladin which means even more than one stat point. And if you want to abuse it you will have to wait 20 years to start having potential to abuse it.
If a faith has only one knight who has to squire more than one characters he will be able to, but it will be like squiring one for the above system. Actually a similar system wouldn't be bad for the warriors who lose much more stat wise compared to casters, but this is another story.

Anything can be abused, and I doubt anyone would bother abusing something that increases the wisdom of a paladin.

I think EZE is on the right track here though. Something nifty can be created here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:08 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Yes, the idea is a dumbed down version of an idea I had earlier this year that would make all levels of characters valuable to the game. It would be open to all classes and basically is something that I imagine working something like a followers system in D&D. Just think, another use for charisma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:16 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
Too bad there weren't a use for the commands knight and ordain. Something to add a little flavor to the clerical and knightly professions. Not based on religion, but on advancement in profession. It would be separate from favor as well. No actual benefits except the ability to take squires or acolytes under your own wing. Once they are properly learned, the priest or knight will ordain or knight their student, giving them access to the same.

Assuming this would also affect Hellions too, and not just Paladins?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:18 pm 
Implementor

I may be wrong, but I think Achernar is referring to the Cohort system proposal. I resurrected that thread in Gameplay, if you want to read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I am referring to cohorts. I was thinking maybe knight and ordain could be a test program for the three religious classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:20 am 

-Johnix- wrote:
Actually a similar system wouldn't be bad for the warriors who lose much more stat wise compared to casters, but this is another story.

I know that aging drops physical attributes. In cases like this, it would be interesting to see intelligence and wisdom take up some of the burden at each stat 'tick.'

'Youth and Skill' vs. 'Age and Treachery.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a cross-aura knight squire attempt, but that would be interesting to play.

I heard of such activities and an attempt made explained to me by another character while I was playing. The depth of the character and his earnest desire to understand some principles gave a strong sense to who he was and what he tried to do later in his career. Unfortunately all was during a time when the number of active knights was low and lack of progress was hindering. But he always did demonstrate a certain nod toward the cross-aura teachings, especially when others followed them true.

The thing to understand OOC is the impossibility of the ultimate acceptance of cross-class/deity things (due to paladin/hellion restrictions). So long as a character can exist within the established culture of the game, I see no problem with a character having such convictions, as long as the character remains believable. It is certainly nothing to be taken lightly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am 
Mortal Contributor

Some people, mostly hellions, just completely skip being a squire. They take up the mantle of knight and if anyone tries to say they aren't knights, the hellion kills them. That's always fun.

Last edited by Orac on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:54 am 
Mortal

Unless a bigger, badder hellion says they are not a knight. Let the fun ensue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:16 pm 
Mortal

I approve of bigger, badder hellions.