Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:01 pm 
Mortal

algorab is way too authoritative

g'damn fascists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:02 pm 
Mortal

Erm, as someone who knows nothing of Algorab in person, except that I have personally asked her to practise her duties and help with the things she is responsible of, there is only one thing to say.

Algorab, apart from the duties she has IRL and most people in here know, has TENTHS of other responsibilities that she takes VERY WELL care of in the game. Sometimes, it may take her a while, but she ALWAYS finally does what she needs to do. She even interacts with people through NPCs rather often from cases I have seen post in here, and cases I suspect that is here behind 1-2 NPCs I have interacted with.

So, stop whinning, will you? Yes, there are very few imms left in SK these days (again). Yes, maybe some of us (including myself) would love to see more Imms involved in events and stuff. But, also, those that are left in the posts, are doing a hell of a job, both in quantity as in quality. So, why be so selfish and DEMAND actually for Meissa to show up and heal you? Who do YOU think you are, afterall?

EDIT: P.S. Allikat, I consider you are a very experienced player. I could possibly wait such a demand from a new player, who can't understand the vast amounts of work imms have, and that Meissa is rather not played these days, but from you? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:55 am 
Mortal

I can say that if I had been on staff as Meissa, I would not have responded to a request to come down and heal someone. That's something that can be handled by clergy.

IF I did anything at all, it might have been more harmful then good in the long run. Sometimes the only way to destroy an infection is to burn it out. So what if it kills the individual forever in the process. Remember, dieties don't think the same way that mortals do. It's like a child pulling the wings off of an insect. Do they have any concept of the harm they are doing? No, they generally are fascinated and are busy discovering things. Meissa, (if I was playing her and IF I had responded) might well have been distracted at a crucial time too. Or gone ape if evil was nearby. She was so ADD that one never really knew what she could do next. What else can you expect from an artist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:07 am 
Mortal

Yeah, but Bug After the faith got done 'healing' her. I would have been over you for one of your blue lightning bolts or something after for just a bit of flavor. Useing emotes to do things to other people just isnt the same as haveing an imm do it with a spiffy colored room echo :)

As for thinking that Meissa would have given an 'easy' way out, I would have fully expected the said character to collapse into a puddle of water and be dragged kicking and screaming to the other side of the river. Assumeing a shiny didnt catch Meissa's attention on the way.

As to the 'should imms act as the other imms' No. It was nice haveing a patron IMM for the time we had it, but it was nice in that there was stability in it. Haveing a handfull of people try and play a Meissa or the other gods would be nothing but chaos, even if they did have a 'how to RP meissa guidebook' there would just be a different feel to the gods every time and short of Marfik, most of the gods are not supposed to be chaotic, altho its my firm belief that Meissa was a sprite in a halfling body :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:10 am 
Mortal

Algorab's a doctor, I'm suprised she even has time to do what she does with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:13 am 
Mortal

Just a comment that I rather liked the basic roleplay idea. A bit heavy on the drama, perhaps, but it's a welcome attempt at a public storyline.

But asking for a god to provide a bailout is a little too much. Nor is that a satisfying ending to the story. Let's see some quest action here! There's plenty of opportunity for both RP and PK solutions without dragging in a god - or any immortal action for that matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:46 pm 
Mortal

Demon wrote:
Algorab's a doctor, I'm suprised she even has time to do what she does with us.

PFffffttt.

Please, I'm a doctor of Luv and you still see me here don't you?

I know...it's sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:57 pm 
Immortal

Ask Raynor how fun it is when Yed shows his face....

Or ask the (long-gone?) Eliro how fun it was to have Achernar show up for afternoon tea... anybody ever wonder how he was transformed into a griffon? *chuckles* Okay, well, maybe that one was kinda fun, but I think most of the fun was for me- I hear that in reality he was actually kinda pissed OOC about it. But that's what you get.

In 9 out of 10 cases, you do NOT want a direct interaction with ANY immortal.

Trust me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:59 pm 
Mortal

I actually like the little stuff Imms do. Like When I played a clergy for Ain and he was online I would send up a prayer of tribute to pay homage and id get a cool echo occasionally if he was feeling generous =P. Too much IMM interaction doesnt make it very special

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:28 pm 
Mortal

dude, you know eliro ate that up.

now yopparai castrating maledictus...ouch

or yopparai telling me to pull his finger and then farting and killing everyone in the square...that was a riot