Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Yed Retires
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:54 am 
Immortal

I am sure this comes as no surprise to anybody who knows me, but it has now been exactly one year since I returned to the pantheon. My original intention was to come back for the primary purpose of building a new capitol city for the Northern Wastes. I started it and did get a lot of work done on it, but never managed to complete my objective, and for that I extend my deepest apologies, both to Dulrik and to the playerbase who have been patiently waiting. There came a time that I simply had to accept the reality that I cannot finish it, and I have left the project in the capable hands of Sadr and Marfik, so I have no doubt that the final product will be well worth the wait.

This has been my second tenure as an immortal on Shattered Kingdoms, and I have enjoyed it greatly. Most enjoyable has been since introducing Yed to the realms and especially the interactions I've had in dealing with the members of Yed's religion and with the Council of Necromancers. I do not expect that I will ever get to enjoy a third tenure, so it is here and now that I thank all of you from an immortal perspective for all those things imm-related that I have experienced with so many of you.

My real-life schedule had already been a busy one that didn't allow for much mud-time. Over the past month I got the job opportunity of my dreams, working as the art director for a new, local, start-up magazine. Having finally "finished" it and sent it to the printer, I've now experienced first-hand exactly how tremendous of a time and energy commitment this is. Because I cannot afford to work the magazine full-time, that leaves me working two full-time jobs, and when I do have time to relax and get on the mud, I want to play, not work. My last day as an immortal will be Dec 31.

So with that said, I do hope that I get to stick around as a player. I'm a sub-par PKer so please don't beat me up too badly. ;)

Signing off,
- Yed v1.0
- aka Malithrax, Jalma, Zimbid, Telumehtar, Ixthyk, Ionnes, Nada v2.0, Achernar v1.0, Theodorus, Ezzevosh, Yed v1.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:11 am 
Mortal

Say it ain't so. Honestly I don't know what to say other then you will be truly missed as an Imm, by me if not the faith, player base, and imm staff. Of course I'm glad that you have found your dream job but the mud will be less without you. Whether with one of your character or as an Imm I've really enjoyed the rps I've been involved with you on and my time on SK has been better because of it.

I'm done being mushy now and demand a way for your soon to be former faith to get sysmbols. :P

Good luck on your new path may it be more then you hope for.

Lei Kung

Last edited by Lei_Kung on Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:20 am 
Mortal

From you owning me when I was Jerin down on the line, IMM and mortal interactions/accomplishments both, I've held nothing but a deep respect for you and what you've done. Thank you for putting all the time you have into the game, you've made it a better place.

- :devil: Hope to beat you up as a mort...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:25 am 
Mortal

I am going to miss the fun times we had these past few months in the faith. I always loved those thimes when you appeared in front of the faith. (Though I usually ended up dead. :lol: ) Anyways, good luck wherever life takes you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:07 pm 
Mortal

You rock man, hope to meet your characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:12 pm 
Mortal

I never really got to meet you IC, but maybe we've bumped into each other as mortal characters on the MUD. In any case, thanks for trying your best and accomplishing what you could :). Hope to see you around in the realms!

-batty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:38 pm 
Mortal

Truly a sad day in the world of SK. With both you and Wert gone, things are definitely gonna be far different. I don't think that we've had any direct contact in-game but I've definitely appreciated your genius in what you've put into the mud. Hopefully, you'll find some time to kick around with us mortals once in a while. :D Kudos on the new job. May it be everything you hoped for and more. :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:08 pm 
You'll be missed. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:15 pm 
Mortal

Well Yed, I am sorry you had to go. You will be missed. Be sure to hop on IRC once in a whilse so we can say Hi. While there is alot I could say, I will be short winded and just say bye.

You've been cool.

Good luck with whatever life throughs you.

This one is on me. - *buys a round of beer*

Cheers :drunk:

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:35 pm 
You don't like me, I don't really care for you.

However, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.