Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: !!greed!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:41 pm 
Mortal

How about adding Greed to sargas? Goes good with the other spheres of Power/war...

Post subject: Re: !!greed!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
meztiso wrote:
How about adding Greed to sargas? Goes good with the other spheres of Power/war...

IMO as hellion and short-term HF of war, no, it doesn't. Sargas is, in the words of the player of enishi, "not like the other darkie religions. They're not like, omg we're evil and we're LOVINGGGGGG it." It's more like, we're kewl and honorable and we can still beat you up in a fair fight. There's a lot of glory and honor to sargas, not just for hellions. Power is a huge part of the religion, and war is a good way to prove that power. In many ways, i found the ego/reputation in War characters to be far more valued then material goods (greed). Pride is forever- EQ lasts till you get pked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:13 pm 
Mortal

Followers of Sargas generally seem to dedicate their power-scrabbling to their God, rather than their own feelings of greed.

I would think that the greedier people of shattered kingdoms would be more likely to be pantheists, as they'd be unwilling to share their glory with a Lord/Lady who did nothing to earn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:09 pm 
Mortal

Just definetely not! It does not go with the entire Sargas concept at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:37 pm 
Mortal

Greed won't work in the current pantheon for the same reason lust was taken away. Make a new dark God of Sins maybe? Name him Snis Neves. MUHAHAHAH! (that was for Marfik only)

Really, wheres the lust, envy, greed, vanity and what not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:00 pm 
Mortal

Well, the static pantheon (only Dulrik and Zynor are left to shift to the static pantheon names) had their primary spheres set down around 2000. Since then they haven't been altered. Well not much. I took Ariakas from "Conquest" to Sargas and "War". The original Ariakas intended to keep it Conquest, which is where all the "power" stuff comes from as it was a secondary sphere of Ariakas.

The rules are (or were when I was in the pantheon) that the primary sphere remains static. The secondary sphere(s) can change based upon the IMM taking on the name.

So Sargas will always be WAR, but if a new Sargas comes along and wants to add "power" as a secondary sphere, providing it is on the approved list of secondary spheres, then they can do it.

I changed Meissa's secondary sphere from "music" to "art" because it fit my vision better. I also considered "fertility" and a few other health/artsy type spheres.

Course a new Meissa can easily come in and decide what they want. That's the way things are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:33 pm 
Immortal

I wouldn't expect to see greed added to the spheres of Sargas, though I can understand and respect the rationale behind the suggestion.

Sargas v3.0
aka Yed v1.0
aka Achernar v1.0
aka Nada v2.0
aka Dalamar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
Mortal

Right now, greed seems like a very optional side-effect of all the rest. I strongly prefer characters who can still worship Sargas without being greedy about it. One of the things I've always admired in SKs Gods is their Spheres are related with each other very well by keeping some Spheres pretty generic as well while allowing one of their aspects to be more prevalent.

You can easily RP a dwarf (for example) worshipping the "dwarven" aspect of Sargas, which should be rather greedy. No one will tell you you are wrong or something, unless you start trying to refuse the already established dogma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:41 am 
Mortal

Greed will in no way fit into Power and War.

I know that under priests before me that it has been about Glory and Honor and I have carried on that tradition. Sargas would not be anywhere near the same if greed was factored into the picture, frankly I'd hate the vision of War if greed was within it.

He gives respect to his enemies even to the fallen god that cut his eye. Sargas is called the one eyed for a reason.

Glory and Honor, War and Power. Greed doesnt factor anywhere in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:20 am 
Mortal

I, too, feel that Sargas followers do not feel for greed. They fight for the glory of it, and power does not have to do with greed at all. It is about... power...