Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stubbornness: The Legacy of CRS/CTF
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:55 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
This topic was doomed as soon as the Subject was written. Salak knows better than most that a thread like this doesn't motivate me at all. He would have done much better just sending me an email. But the fact that it was posted in GD instead of Gameplay indicates to me that it was more about bitching than it was about constructive comments. I still expected better and so I'm disappointed.

I don't read the forums much anymore. However, I can't help but notice that most threads get locked nowadays - even in General Discussion. For all the folks who remember the old Yahoo board, the following comment is for you: I told you so. *chortles*

Your arrogance is beyond belief, Dulrik. In a previous post, you claim that you expect better from Josh and that you are disappointed in him. Frankly, I think what you really mean is that you expect him to continue towing the party line even though he is no longer an IMM. The player base expects better from you and they are disappointed in your stubbornness and refusal to admit failure. The CRS, CTF, or whatever you choose to call it, has FAILED. How many more players does the game have to lose before you will finally admit that CRS/CTF has failed?

Take an objective look at the who lists and the player base. It has steadily declined since the implementation of recent updates like CRS/CTF. You can continue to lock threads and have your coterie of lackeys, also known as the IMM staff, defend the merits and espouse the success of the system, but their rationalizations and blind devotion won't explain why the MUD has not only stopped growing but has experienced a moderate decline in player base.

So, please, before you express your dissatisfaction and disappointment in Josh or other individuals, know that the player base feels the same about your lackluster management and development of the MUD. Take some of your own advice and get rid of the massive chip on your shoulder. Quit being so stubborn and arrogant, admit CRS/CTF has failed, and make the appropriate changes. Alternatively, continue to lock threads that are critical of the game or IMM staff and watch as the player base dwindles even further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:29 am 
Implementor

Since this post is obviously addressing me, I've moved it to The Pantheon forum and will lock it after responding to your various jabs.

I'm not going to discuss Josh in an open forum because I still remember when I trusted him more than anyone else in the pantheon.

Other than changing the hit points of the guardians, the raid system is still exactly the same as it was implemented six months ago. I said back at that time that there were other changes planned and these haven't been made yet. I'm obviously not going to "concede" a failure when I still have further plans to accomplish. Obviously some of the plans have altered because feedback has been taken into account.

Why has it been six months with no updates to raids? Because I felt that it wasn't the most important topic that needed addressing. I've worked on several other major systems during that time, including the mentor system, training revamp (including the art system), class changes, and most recently, a huge structural change to the underlying code that isn't visible to players at all. The ironic part is that I've been working on some cabal-related changes for the last couple weeks, before Salak's post, and these threads don't change anything except as a distraction.

Am I arrogant? Sure. Everyone with strong opinions has some amount of arrogance to them. The same can be said about you, Chemhound and Salak. The difference is that I'm in charge and you are not. Yet, even when I completely disagree with all of you, I'm still capable of feeling some respect for you all when you have valid points. It's just too bad that it has to be covered in the anti-establishment diatribe that you spoonfeed to people to create a few adoring fans.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]