Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:18 am 
juggernaut wrote:
seek for that minstrel of mine, Gasbah, IC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:30 am 
Mortal

*boggles* Um...Hello, follower of Dulrik, so it's Burton I have to convince, not Gasbah. Speaking of Gasbah, did you actually delete him or did you just pretty much retire him and bring him out on occasion, I know you have an Afterlife thread with him. Just also wished to state again Gasbah was an awesome character, even though Endrial couldn't ever trust him again after the incident in the desert. *grumbles about finding every freaking Naj in the desert* :rant:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:30 am 
Mortal

Oh, that was ages ago. I thought you were refering to the unblemishment of Endrial, so doh, I was stunned...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:34 am 
Getting to Endrial's problem, you can in fact cause an off-shoot. I know it's been done in the church of truth before - I'd suggest sending a PM to your patron, which hopefully isn't Alshain (if you're lucky, it's Jinn), asking for F2 or F3 and the chance to start your own pacifistic (or mudsexxor, or whatever) branch of the faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:20 am 
Mortal

Complete your quest and you'll get your atonement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:44 am 
Mortal

I know, just using the forums for some fun, like earlier in the post I did say was a long day at work, was getting a bit goofy, so I ran with it. :lol:

:drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:52 am 
Mortal

own! wrote:
Getting to Endrial's problem, you can in fact cause an off-shoot. I know it's been done in the church of truth before - I'd suggest sending a PM to your patron, which hopefully isn't Alshain (if you're lucky, it's Jinn), asking for F2 or F3 and the chance to start your own pacifistic (or mudsexxor, or whatever) branch of the faith.

Ya know the whole mudsexxor thing is getting quite old, and I as well as others have been working our asses off to get rid of that whole stigma. Personally what two people want to do with their game time is up to them. Just if you are gonna rp sex, then do so at your own risk and if you get busted on it, that to is up to you. If you play a couple just emote Player A spends hours making love to player B and then go eat a pizza while the time passes for that activity. Or hey take it to IM's someplace so you don't get busted on it. I don't care. But don't label an entire Cabal/Tribunal because of the actions of one or two people that wish to continually do it. There are plenty others not associated with the Talons having mudsexx. Thank you please drive through.

:rant:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:10 am 
Mortal

And don't make assumptions either. If someone's just been rezzed, they're going to be naked and sapped of strength along with their priest or priestess. Doesn't mean anything's happening besides that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:39 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
EZE wrote:
I even went outside the long standing tradition of demonizing the undead. I chose to see them as another realm under Achernar's influence and not as blasphemy to the Lord of Death. Before and since, I believe necromancy was against the tenets of the church.

This is the first time I've seen this thread, so I'll respond to the above. Having created the Achernar faith and being the first representation of Achernar I can say that there was no tenet against necromancy when the church began. In fact, from the church's beginning, some of its most prominent members were necromancers. The only tenet that the faith had against necromancy was against those necromancers who did not recognize or pay proper homage to Achernar for the vital role that Death & its power plays in the practice of necromancy. Different high followers & members over the years have taken that in different ways, and for a period of time a 'culture' arose within the church that reviled necromancers as a whole. But that was only a construct of the mortal element of the church, not one of the founding nor one of the early beliefs in the faith.

Not sure in what direction Achernar's church has gone over the past couple years with that, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:32 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Dalamar if you think of it though. There are many times organizations and churches has gone different routes then what one believed. What was it about five years ago when I heard that those of the Hammer were acting more like darkies then many darkies themselves. There was even talk about having the members of the Hammer at the time forced to turn dark? Things change, all one can do is to keep up with it or try to move it in another direction.