Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 am 
Mortal

It's been quite a while since people get into any religion in no time.

I remember studying books, attending numerous meetings, RPing with all members of the church including the HF and still couldn't join the religion of Yenko for more than 6 months.

IMO, Both extremes are no good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm 
Mortal

Personally, I am rather easy on new priests for investment. 1 meeting, if they show good RP, I do an ceremony, and invest. I don't feel the need to even make them do some sort of quest. If they turn out to suck balls, blemish them. Characters others than priests/hellions/paladins, different story. Blemish means too little to them, so I do want them to take a bit more time. I usually give out a fairly simple quest, which then leads to a second meeting, and then their investment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:29 pm 
Mortal

I give people a small quest, make them think a bit.

When I see them return and realize they've figured out for themselves how they're going to preach about zavi, I invest them.

I may never invest someone who just tells me he wants to be part of the religion but shows no interest in promoting the dogma, or shows no originality in how he does. Priest or otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:43 pm 
Mortal

Erm, you have to for priests. It doesn't and shouldnt matter if they are cookie cutter, as long as they claim they will serve the god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:06 pm 
Mortal

My understanding is that if someone wishes to be invested into your church, then you should be able to decide whether to invest them or not within that meeting.

When I played an F3 I invested lots of characters and convinced one to seek a different religion, all within one meeting. The pattern should be question, teach, invest, then advise. Make sure they know the basics, know what their responsibilities will be once invested, make them promise to be faithful and then invest them if they still want to be invested.

I don't agree with requiring a quest, no matter how simple, prior to investment, and I believe it goes against the stated rules. The only reason I would support making a seeker wait for the next time they happen to see a HF online is if there isn't enough time to go through the full interview/investment ceremony because one of you has to leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:31 pm 
Mortal

I know nothing of coding, and still get confused with some of the commands on SK, but what about doing something such as granting more followers the ability to grant conditional status on seekers?

The High Follower can approve or disapprove the temporary status for whatever reason when they meet. Or, if the HF has strong enough reason, can revoke the temporary status based on reports from other members - and perhaps even punish those who would grant their god's favor frivolously, to prevent abuse.

I'm just brainstorming ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:01 pm 
Mortal

The only problem is that faith is for life. Faith is as static as alignment. Once you make it, it cannot be changed.

HFs are supposed to invest priests and paladins ASAP or give them a good reason why they are being turned away.

HFs get a little more leeway with laymen.

But ultimately, we are expected to give an answer right then and there. Doesn't matter if we were about to go to bed, log, etc, we have to acknowledge that seeker, interact with them, and give them an answer in a manner timely for them, not us.

For the Aludran HFs, we have at times said we'll let you in but we would like you to continue learning. It is very, very rare that we ever tell someone that they just do not fit.

Also, if you approach the faith with seeking more information, we'll sit and talk, but I am not going to automatically assume you want in or push for investing you. If you talk to me and you are interested in the faith, you really have to say that you are interested.

Also, if you can't find me in game, send me a PM, I'll get in contact with you. I try to meet up with players in different timezones as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:36 pm 
Mortal

XeRo13g wrote:
It's been quite a while since people get into any religion in no time.

I remember studying books, attending numerous meetings, RPing with all members of the church including the HF and still couldn't join the religion of Yenko for more than 6 months.

IMO, Both extremes are no good.

Let's replace Sadr with Yenko for another hellion faith and then allow Meissa to have paladins.

-nods sagely-

(Yenko rules! Sadr drools!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:01 pm 
Mortal

TheCannibal wrote:
(Yenko rules! Sadr drools!)

QFMFT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:05 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Woah, Icehellion. Haven't really seen that forum ID around in a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next