Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:30 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
Not until you are done with your greens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 pm 
Mortal

Another thought - How about giving religious F2s the ability to invest?

Religions aren't like cabals. Last I heard, determined seekers could only be turned down for faith-contradictory RP or attributes, like alignment. Once the investor has checked these things, there's no choice. So why limit investment to top faith leaders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I've been pushing for greater access to leadership abilities within groups for a while. I really think I could go with a scale of levels in both religions and factions that come with more commands or less based upon your rank. Or more simply just making F2 able to invest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 pm 
Mortal

I personally would love more commands associated with more levels of leadership. Like a more advanced level of leadership where you may be able to control the speaking and maybe even emotions of NPC's flagged to ur faith, so that they may participate in the conversations of faith and service. I know how the Pallies of Alshain would love to run their mouths about being awesome darkie killing machines and maybe even be a way for HF's that aren't priests to produce symbols for new members or even themself. Though I do forsee that if they were to be able to free roam or cast other spells then people would twink that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:26 pm 
Mortal

F2 getting invest has come up a few times before, I think in the religion leader board. It's a great idea, IMO. However, the only way I would support it would be if F3 gets the authority to remove people from the religion. Giving a lower ranking member power that the high priest can not undo is almost certainly going to lead to trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:32 pm 
Mortal

In a cabal or tribunal, letting F2s induct without F3 consent would lead to trouble. And this trouble would likely end with the innocent recruit getting an Oathbreaker flag. I can understand why this isn't happening; it's hard to get F3s on the same page sometimes.

But as I said above, religions are different. There's no philosophical dispute about who should get in, because religions aren't allowed to reject qualified applicants. If the server could judge the inappropriate-RP criteria, it could make the decision.

In theory, it's nice for the F3 to do this, so he can make a big show of it. But that was when all religions had to induct seekers within a week. If we can't make that timeframe, it's time to do something different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 pm 
Mortal

You could grant f2's in a cabal the ability to induct but force the f2 to get the f3 to agree that the applicant should be inducted before the f2 inducts anyone. This would allow players who play at opposite times of the current cabal leaders an opportunity to join, and it would still give the f3s the final say in who gets in or not.

As for religions, everyone should be able to induct who are tagged f2/f3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:36 am 
Mortal

The way I see this idea of lower flags being able to add members to groups is it seems like the military. You have grunts recruiting grunts and if someone doesn't workout cut him. He should know the rules of the group, but there has to be some slack cut.