Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Squires
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:36 pm 
Mortal

Not sure if this is the exactly right forum. But is it important, or demended even for paladins/hellions to become Squires to Knights of the same religion flag. Sargas to sargas ...Dulrik to Dulrik.

Also... what are the requirements for Knighthood? I've read the helpfile on the "code" and the "vow". So is squire to Knight completely an RP thing that depends on whose squire you are and what religion they belong too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 pm 
Completely RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm 
Mortal

Hopefully whoever invests you into the religion can address these questions within game. Each church has different RP, and each leader (or member) bring in different RP. If you're invested by an immortal due to a dead church, read books that cant be found in libraries and temples. Also, use the forumid command so that you can view the religion boards. These usually have some good histories of what the religion used to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 pm 
Mortal

You can go through squireship cross multiple faiths. The vows for knighthood are generic reguardless of what faith you belong to, though can be slightly modified based on each faiths beliefs. As long as the Knight and Squire take it at a generic value, there is no issue with cross faith squireships that I can see.

And yes, squire to knighthood is all RP, and if you can't find anyone to RP with you can totally skip that step. Just make sure to follow the help files if you plan to skip it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I'm not sure I've ever seen a cross-aura knight squire attempt, but that would be interesting to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:23 am 
Mortal

I used to squire people when I had my Alshain paladin because there was no one availiable in I think Dulriks faith at the time. I think Meltanor (Ain) is actually squiring someone from the Truth faith currently as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:15 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
Cross-faith squiring was frowned upon back in the day when I had my Ain priests but was considered a necessary evil if there were no Ain knights (and not those falsely serving) available to have a squire. And I knew of cross-faith squiring by necessity several years ago.

But yeah, squire-to-knight is RP and not code. And if you're going to bypass squire, be certain you have all your ducks in a row. It can be hazardous to your health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 am 
Mortal

Pushing40 wrote:
... if you're going to bypass squire, be certain you have all your ducks in a row. It can be hazardous to your health.

Quoted for emphasis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:42 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
Achernar wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a cross-aura knight squire attempt, but that would be interesting to play.

I just re-read that. Cross-aura? I seriously doubt that'll ever happen with any 'real' chars. Hello, knight of truth, I'm a squire of death, help me become a kight.'

Cross-faith is far more common, although still frowned-upo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 am 
Mortal

It has happened several times to differing degrees and each time I have observed ended in a great failure.