Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:08 am 
Mortal

I spoke with the chatacter IC, left notes in the forum, even told other members when i saw them. Its more a case of just them never being on at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:42 pm 
Mortal

I never even got inducted by a member of the faith when I waited a month with my priest to get into Sadr's religion. Markus just never found time to induct me on the rare chance that we were on at the same time. One of the members asked an imm to do it for me and ended up doing the induction through the priestess in Menegroth's temple.

While the rule is immediate induction, obviously this is not always the case. I had a champion paladin without a religion. While having all those neat tricks are a bonus, they are certainly not necessary. Not to mention the mentor and expert priests without a religion, which is quite a bit harder to do. If the character concept was sound, then the wait to join a religion would have been worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm 
Mortal

They should make time. If you are priest/paladin/hellion a religion is part of your character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:53 pm 
Mortal

If your character is dependent on immediate investment into a religion then your planning is flawed. You shouldn't expect HF's to be on 24/7 and then get snippy when they aren't. Odds are it isn't their priority to blow off something IRL to log on at an otherwise inconvenient time to invest your temporary character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:03 pm 
Mortal

Im not saying it is, im saying if they are on. They should make time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 pm 
Mortal

Obviously, if they're around they should make investment a priority, but if they aren't, you shouldn't freak out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:15 pm 
Mortal

I didn't make any attempt to get into the faith? B.S. As Josephmaximus3 said, there was RP done with him, and others as well, about my intentions to join the faith. Continue to try to harp on me for deleting a character because I tried to get into a faith, and couldn't get ANYWHERE.

Quote:
If your character is dependent on immediate investment into a religion then your planning is flawed. You shouldn't expect HF's to be on 24/7 and then get snippy when they aren't. Odds are it isn't their priority to blow off something IRL to log on at an otherwise inconvenient time to invest your temporary character.

Did I once say I needed an immediate investment? No, over and over again I said I would have waited but there has been no contact through any means from the HFs on when I can meet with them. What do you expect from people who sit and wait, and wait, and wait, and ask for people to get a hold of them to do? Keep waiting? I don't think so.

I never once said I expected the HF's to be on 24/7 I said I needed one to contact me so I could get invested. The character wouldn't have been temporary if I would have been invested.

Quote:
At least we don't have another paladin with a "the world owes me a favor" mentality running around. If you were really interested in joining Alshain, you would have actually put some decent effort into it (Just asking other players ICly who the HFs are should have got you some answers very easily, even most evil characters know who the HFs of Alshain are).

No one owes me a damn favor, I never said that either. All I asked for was for an HF to talk to me. This isn't about me not knowing who the HF's were, it's about SETTING UP A TIME TO MEET THEM. How is this so hard for everyone to understand? I didn't ask for an immediate investment, I didn't ask for a favor, all I wanted was someone to TALK TO ME. THATS ALL!

Before anyone else decides to jump on the bandwagon and harp on me some more, get your head out of your [REDACTED] first and get your facts straight ahead of time, or better yet actually read the thread.

Last edited by fridgeraider on Wed May 13, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:17 pm 
Mortal

ZOMG IT AM UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT SOMEONE TO SEND YOU A MSG IN 2 WEEKS, WTF ARE YOU THINKING NOOB?

/bandwagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:35 pm 
Mortal

:lol: Where you as mad IRL as you sounded in the post? It is a game where you interact with other people and you get mad you must realize that not everyone has the time to log on you even admit to realizing that. Not everyone is obsessed with knowing about every little detail in SK. So stop being mad and go get laid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:36 pm 
Mortal

That was a little harsh, even if you didn't strike first blood. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next