Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:40 pm 
Mortal

Well, I originally posted on the 10th. It is now the 18, add in the 4 days I was waiting when I first posted and thats more than 2 full weeks since I last saw the HF of the faith I am looking for online.

I finally caught an Imm online and they said they would pass the message on to the imm who could help me. Still nothing.

And as for the "RP and you'll get somewhere" comments. I have tried approaching other people who might be able to help. One didn't seem interested in RPing at all... Just told me to go find some books. The other was more interested in RPing with the other GM instead of paying any attention to my character (granted, there was some IC hatred towards my character, but just writing me off played directly into the thread "Grand Master..." point about how some players ignore people who are not grandmaster.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:08 pm 
Mortal

I wish I could offer you some useful advice, but the best I can suggest is an e-mail. Hopefully, the new forwarding system will get your message directly to someone with the authority to assist you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:27 pm 
Mortal

I think what the best solution would be to allow other immortals to be able to invest for people outside of their set faiths. We have, I think, 10 active immortals (including Dulrik as a coder, Auldra who only looks after his/her own faith, and Thuban who looks after nothing?, and Viltrax who looks after the forums), trying to cover about 16 faiths, 6 cabals, 5 tribunals, 6 major kingdoms and who knows what else.

However as it stands, you have to find a time when the imm who is in charge of your faith is 1) online 2) not building 3) has time to help you.

If a primary imm disagrees with an investment that another imm did, there is always the blemish, uninvest, and slay commands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:54 am 
Mortal

Rennus_Dragonsbane wrote:
I think what the best solution would be to allow other immortals to be able to invest for people outside of their set faiths. We have, I think, 10 active immortals (including Dulrik as a coder, Auldra who only looks after his/her own faith, and Thuban who looks after nothing?, and Viltrax who looks after the forums), trying to cover about 16 faiths, 6 cabals, 5 tribunals, 6 major kingdoms and who knows what else.

However as it stands, you have to find a time when the imm who is in charge of your faith is 1) online 2) not building 3) has time to help you.

If a primary imm disagrees with an investment that another imm did, there is always the blemish, uninvest, and slay commands.

Or they can just let us pick our damn faith at the start without all this running around looking for the high follower / Imm in charge. Then the Imm only needs to be responsible for promoting their high follower allowing them to blemish / atone. This induction crap is a flawed system especially with the size of the player base and Imm burnout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Chem wrote:
Rennus_Dragonsbane wrote:

Or they can just let us pick our damn faith at the start without all this running around looking for the high follower / Imm in charge. Then the Imm only needs to be responsible for promoting their high follower allowing them to blemish / atone. This induction crap is a flawed system especially with the size of the player base and Imm burnout.

Sometimes I create a character and have no idea what religion they'll be in, and like to let RP sway them into a decision.

Post subject: Re: Dead faiths
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Rennus has a legitimate complaint.

When playing a priest (or even a paladin/hellion), it really can be frustrating when you can't find anybody to get you invested. Access to the level 1-10 spells are okay, but it still leaves the play experience pretty limited until investment.

Sorry that you've had this problem with this char. Praying can be useful, in OOC or in IC. If you're ever gonna pray IC for an investment, it should be from a church or similar holy site. If you've gone the IC prayer route, can't find HP chars, then try the OOC prayers, email system, posting notice here. These have all been mentioned, but I didn't see anybody here suggest putting it in your IC title as well. There are imms who will scan the WHO list occasionally while building (the prayer channel is off to IMMs working in editors), and have been known to notice seekers that way and then find a way to ICly invest the character.

It is an imperfect system, and there probably should be some kind of improvement made eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 pm 
Mortal

Hey, my faith has two HFs, and I still consider it a dead faith.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:58 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I heard Achernar's faith is dead.

Get it? :drunk:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 pm 
Mortal

OMFG LOL HAHA HEHE ROFLZ.