Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:08 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
content, teamwork, responses to questions, presentation and style

I never knew you had it in you. :drunk:

grats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:10 pm 
Yeah, I keep it real, hopefully I'll be presenting in DC at the end of the month. Also thanks.

Post subject: Re: Has Achernar left the building?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
jhorleb wrote:
I was hoping to either a) have a hero competition run for priests before Baba croaks or b) just open it up for duels or something to pass on the title if we're not doing competitions anymore.

Who would be the right immortal to contact about this?

The hero forums is pretty much dead and buried and I think Archie may be on hiaitus at the moment.

Thx
pudgy

I almost feel as though I am derailing this thread by bring it back to the OP question. I am torn on the issue. On one hand I would really love to be able to see another competition or something to actually have a living hero pass on the title. On the other hand, pretty much all the other heroes are dead or inactive anyway so I am not sure how Baba dying would warrant the need for a tournament, If you get my drift.

Since though the first hand and my desire for fun stuff usually wins out, I suggest Baba set up his own tournament. As players we can't transfer the amulet or get put into the forum, but if Baba wants to pass on his title IC, then I say more power to him. Come up with a couple of challenges pick a date and time you are free for a couple hours and let the priestly pbase have at it!

As I said, Baba is the only living and active hero so why the hell can't he decide what he wants to do to pass it on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I completely agree with that for the priest tourney....but what about the other 12 classes....we need to do a huge hero invest so that each class can set up the tourneys, it would aid the imms so that the burden doesn't just fall on them...so invest 12 more heroes and this idea would be great for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:51 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
Deathadder wrote:
I completely agree with that for the priest tourney....but what about the other 12 classes....we need to do a huge hero invest so that each class can set up the tourneys, it would aid the imms so that the burden doesn't just fall on them...so invest 12 more heroes and this idea would be great for everyone.

See thats where the "other hand" comes into play. The other classes don't have a current hero to do this, so in that case, whoever wants to be hero, post it up on the astral boards and if someone wants to challenge you, set up a date and time and have at thee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:56 pm 
Mortal

The mechanic just doesn't work very well anymore.

Perhaps each hero could be left to his or her own devices to choose their "heir," with Immortals providing the same kind of oversight we rely on for backing up the inheritable paragon flags.

That hero could set their own conditions and, with the right active patrons, perhaps even create their own ceremonies and contests.

I'll toss out an idea I've been keeping to myself for some time:

Perhaps it might be more interesting if heroes were organized by religion instead of class, and required the sponsorship of their Church (F3 [potentially themselves of course] + demonstrated support) alongside endorsement from some other body bound to only having a list of specific reasons for saying no (Current active heroes?)?

It combines several aspects of the game that are currently schizophrenic and would result in a closer-knit, more vibrant community composition... something I think it worth considering taking the time to create. Right now, there's not much of an in-character purpose to heroes other than amulets... because they don't have much on an in-character identity other than amulets.

This would fit well with a project I am working on. Right now Jhorleb is really the only person with a say in the matter, but it may not hurt to open this up to the improvements of everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:02 pm 
Mortal

how does this effect characters who do not worship any gods.. or perhaps.. take issue with the fact that there are gods at all? Since you said your idea hinges on F3s.. religions and whatnot? There are plenty of PCs and NPCs that subscribe to ancestor worship, or other non-pantheist beliefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:04 pm 
Mortal

One pantheist hero.

One shaman hero.

Using your Religion settings, this covers everyone.

This way, instead of the "Hero of Swashbucklers," you're the "Hero of Conquest," or "Hero of the People" or whatever.

That just sounds more interesting, does it not?

Last edited by grep on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:07 pm 
Mortal

Ehhhhh... somewhat. But isn't that already covered with F3s and whatnot? I don't like the idea that religion, or lack thereof need be shoved down anyone's throat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 pm 
Mortal

F3 right now is "Okay, who the hell is online enough to invest and not lose the title next month?"

Think of it, if you will, like merit-based leadership. The difference between a Magistrate and a Marshal.

Religion is one of the fundamental thematic aspects of the game. You don't need to shove down your throat what is already in your blood; it would not need much of a sell in that aspect... aren't heroes already somewhat celestial in their nature?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next