Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: IMM-granted item used to avoid jail time
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Honestly, I'm not sure what IMM to ask about this, but there's a character who has used an IMM-granted "open any door anywhere" item to free someone from jail. If this was actually an intended accepted use of this item, then that's fine, but otherwise can it please be removed? I have evidence in a log if that's necessary.

Post subject: Re: IMM-granted item used to avoid jail time
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Mortal

God-crafted lock pick used to.. pick a lock.

Normal circumstances I wouldn't have used it in this way but as a matter of fact this character broke me out of the very same jail a few weeks prior and I told him I owed him the favor. Anyhow if it's frowned upon to pick certain locks with a godly lock pick that's fine with me as well. I've refrained using it on cabal hq's as instructed. And I still refuse to use it for others unless it's owed or in my interest as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 pm 
Mortal

As I understand it, he was granted the item for winning something such a hero tournament, and only his character can use it. I don't see any valid complaints about this.

I mean are you actually arguing for doing dickish things like charming people and putting them in jail in countries that they have broken the law?

Also he would have been broken out of jail regardless of this, and I find it silly to argue for this since you were camping the place just to keep him in jail. In short, you are a jerk.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ncar
The main problem here is that the person broken out of jail, wasn't Edoras or one of his allies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 pm 
Mortal

Eh. I kinda thought rogues could pick locks anyways. It is my jail and I wasn't overly concerned. Just a little annoyed that, apparently, my guards just chilled while this happened but that is an annoyance directed at my worthless guards. Not at the PC in question.

I just have to ask though: What, exactly, is dickish about bringing criminals to justice or wanting them to stay in prison once they wind up there?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Jail OOCly sucks horribly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
OldeSword wrote:
Eh. I kinda thought rogues could pick locks anyways. It is my jail and I wasn't overly concerned. Just a little annoyed that, apparently, my guards just chilled while this happened but that is an annoyance directed at my worthless guards. Not at the PC in question.

I just have to ask though: What, exactly, is dickish about bringing criminals to justice or wanting them to stay in prison once they wind up there?

You sit in jail for a ridiculous amount of time, like 5 IRL days (of online time) and tell me how enjoyable it is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:54 am 
Mortal

OldeSword wrote:

It sucks for the player. Remember you're putting people out of the game for maybe up to 2 weeks of actual time. I certainly wouldn't want to spend all of that time in jail. Would you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:59 am 
Mortal

WickedWitch wrote:
Jail OOCly sucks horribly.

You know what else OOCly sucks horribly?

When you're trying to RP, help a new character, take care of some administrative issues, do something that adds value to the game, etc. and someone decides that they want to run through the city killing everything that moves. There's no warning. There's definitely no RP. Don't forget that some of the individuals in question never stand still long enough for you to fight them or like to recall if you so much as look at them funny. And they absolutely love attacking when no one is around to oppose them. So you're watching the money that you were trying to save up to fund some additions to the game be squandered in skirmishes.

Nevermind that this is supposed to be a capital city, which a reasonable person would expect to be fortified and difficult to assault so they should be safe to take care of their business, but actually has defenses so porous you're wondering if the city planners confused the walls for a sieve. And your guards are more of a detriment than anything else: They are too weak to do any damage, are too uncoordinated to mass themselves into an effective formation, and like to attack your allies. Normal people would expect attacking a capital city to be a challenge, something ridiculously dangerous, instead of the first choice for people looking to cause trouble. I could go on at length about how cities in SK are ridiculous (adjective: Deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd).

Then, when you actually do catch someone, they don't even serve their full sentence. You know it is just a matter of time before someone springs them out because, again, your guards are completely worthless. The guards don't even have the decency to strip them of their belongings and whatever they do take isn't used to offset the rising defense costs.

THAT OOCly sucks horribly.

I really have no sympathy for a someone having to spend some time in a jail cell. I'd be grateful that the powers-that-be can't do any of the things you'd expect them to do when dealing with a mass murderer who refuses to stay dead. Things like: Welding the door shut or simply breaking the lock. Throwing said individual in a cistern and sealing it with a stone. Repeatedly break said individual's limbs so that they heal improperly and are completely useless thereby making escape impossible. Bolting said individual to the floor and force feeding them so they stay kicking. Developing a 'soul jar' spell.

ninja_ardith wrote:
It sucks for the player. Remember you're putting people out of the game for maybe up to 2 weeks of actual time. I certainly wouldn't want to spend all of that time in jail. Would you?

No but then I don't do things that would land me in jail for two weeks. Actions have consequences.

TL;DR: If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
With gate, everywhere is easy to attack. And guard NPCs suck, except for the 3 or 4 from each Kingdom you see being used in PK. Without gate, Sith'a'niel, the Moot, and Nerina are probably the hardest places to attack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next