Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: IMM-granted item used to avoid jail time
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Bran
shadow wrote:
Let me remind you a little fact: This is a GAME and conflict/warfare (aka crimes) should be rather encouraged than discouraged. Otherwise it's boring and there's no reason to play it.

QFT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:46 am 
Mortal

mundufisen wrote:
shadow wrote:
Let me remind you a little fact: This is a GAME and conflict/warfare (aka crimes) should be rather encouraged than discouraged. Otherwise it's boring and there's no reason to play it.

QFT

QFL

"Otherwise it's boring and there's no reason to play it." I can honestly say right here and now that I've played a 100% peaceful character that never committed a single crime and he was the second most fun character I've ever had. Your first statement is a fact, sure, but the second one is pure opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 am 
Mortal

To put it more simply: SKs is like a board in a board-game. If there's no conflict to make the game go round, all you get is "Second life" but in text. Oh, yes, and you can have spells too! How many people do you think are interested to play that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Uhh, a lot?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Eddy is correct, sadly.

Which is why horrible games like New Worlds Ateraan have so many players.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 am 
Mortal

Herp derp. Consider stepping outside of your own shoes and considering that when there's 40 people on, not all of them may be playing the game for the same reasons as you. And that that doesn't necessarily mean they're idiots, just different.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 am 
Mortal

Oh, sorry, I thought the name of the game was Shattered Kingdoms, not Shattered Teapots :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Even people who love to PK don't PK all the time. Take, for instance, how Syn complained because Pilnor avoided her so often: That wasn't due to the fact that I didn't want to avoid PK, it was due to the fact that whenever I logged on there was either A) EQ to help people gather, B) people to help level, C) EQ I wanted to have enchanted for myself, D) consumables I needed to gather to be PvP-viable, or E) people to induct/work on induction into the Hammer. On top of all that, Syn was almost always attacking -somewhere- when I was online, but I couldn't just up and run over wherever she was and forsake my other duties, especially talking to players who wanted to be inducted into the Hammer.

From her PoV, I'm being a bad RPer by not defending cities of the Light, by my PoV, she never RPs because she's too busy inciting PvP. I'm not saying either of us was in the wrong for our IC actions (I don't think we were), I'm just using that as an example that we shouldn't conclude that our side of the equation is all that there is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:25 am 
Mortal

+1 Edoras

Even more so for people whose time is a bit more limited. God knows I've sat around playing this game and others for hours upon hours at a time before, so no judgment here, but a few of the more vocal members of the playerbase could stand to remember that there are other people behind their character's enemies. I'm not saying lay off - you do whatever you want. Just don't get butt hurt when people avoid you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
This reminds me of that guy Antiira that constantly pked and nobody could find a second to rest or do anything besides pvp because as soon as they logged on they were getting attacked by this really smart sprite. Then his player trash-talked other players for avoiding him. :P

For some reason I can't avoid picking fights with Edoras, even though I <3 him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next