Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sacred Armor
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
You know for items that fade if they're not worn constantly (gosh dang Sight), they DO stick around a long time when a player is not active.
The DAY I knew I wasn't going to be around, the Zavijah armor was returned and people IC were told to gather it up. I never thought it was
any character's RIGHT to the armor, but a privilege, and that being said, one that should be shared with anyone else in the faith with an interest
in wearing the gear (provided there is no IC conflict, which yeah, I could see). I could understand at the monthly armor check, if an item is sacred,
it have a significantly larger chance to reenter the realm. Or perhaps a bi-weekly check. Just my thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Sacred Armor
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 pm 
Mortal

Pook,

Starting off the conversation with a line that reads, "I'm complaining because I wasn't around when the sacred armor showed up and I didn't get it!" is never a great way to get people to understand what you are actually trying to accomplish.

Like you said, being able to wear the sacred armor is typically a first come, first serve basis. It is no one's right. Though, there are a few high followers who will demand that they get to wear it, but whatever. The only people who should NEVER be wearing the armor are those who are blemished.

I get what you're saying: It sucks that sacred armor can be hoarded on inactive characters. Sacred armor should be bounced off of inactive characters as fast as rare armor.

I agree with that statement and I'll add to it: If you hold your faith's Sacred Armor and you know you are going to be inactive for an extend period of time, ditch it. Let others use it while you're gone.

Post subject: Re: Sacred Armor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
NativeWolf wrote:
Pook,

Starting off the conversation with a line that reads, "I'm complaining because I wasn't around when the sacred armor showed up and I didn't get it!" is never a great way to get people to understand what you are actually trying to accomplish.

Hrm, I wasn't seeing initially it could be read that way. I never complained to Galiene when she was not on so often. I generally was trying to insist she keep it AND stick around. The player is aware. Also, even as she was less active and it appeared, I was vocal about getting others to wear it.. so I wasn't complaining about anything related to my own experiences. Sorry if it came out all wrong. My comment on Sight is that I took it off often for RP reasons and to write.. and then poof, out of my own inventory it went.. again. This is more me laughing at the current experience than complaining. For how easy an item was to go that way.. it is excessively difficult atm when a player goes inactive to get sacred armor back in the game unless you have a willing person to put it back in the game. Galiene actually did just that, to the player's credit! So yeah - not complaining!

As to the rest of your reply - glad you do understand. I ponder though what, if anything, can be changed. Changing people is probably a lot harder to do than changing code.. if people are willing to putz with the code.