Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Forums request - "dark" phpBB image set
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:48 am 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
Owing to my reduced availability just thought I'd see if the following request for assistance has any takers out there in player-land...

Requirement
We currently run two forum themes - one light and one dark. The dark one has been using the default icons, which assume a white background and thus have ugly white fringes to them. I'd like to update this theme with an appropriate set of icons, that blend correctly with the background colour of the dark theme that we use.

Suggested solution (assuming you have access to Adobe Photoshop)
Somewhere over at phpbb.com there is a photoshop file (.PSD) containing all the default icons used by phpBB theme. There is also a walkthrough of how to open this file, amend the main background colour, then perform some kind of "mass save" which will produce all the icons (as images) into a destination folder. I did this a long time ago but don't have the time/software at hand to do it easily just now. There may be an additional step and/or separate photoshop file for the various images and buttens that have actual english text in them, as opposed to the majority that are language-agnostic.

I'd prefer NOT to have someone spend hours and hours making a custom image set by hand; I don't know... just feels rude to ask someone to go to such a great length of effort without a guarantee that they'll get used.

Sample Deliverable
Two or three icons in the requested style (so those involved can get an idea if the style is acceptable), emailed to viltrax@ sk .org

Deliverable
A zip archive of all the images used by phpBB for a style, emailed to viltrax@ sk .org.

Post subject: Re: Forums request - "dark" phpBB image set
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I'd be willing to help, but I cannot immediately locate the icon files. Any further help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Forums request - "dark" phpBB image set
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
In order to cast a wider net to anyone who wants to take a crack at contributing to this task, I made a quick cheat-sheet of the images that are most obviously in need of fixing -

http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forum-images.php

This page shows a subset of the imageset on both a white and purple background.

PS: Anyone with a better icon for 'sticky' is welcome to try, within the theme of the icon set. Something that looks more like a 'splat' exclamation than just a mess of 'goo', perhaps.