Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Idea: Religion Specific Afterlives.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
I remember WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY back when, Big D announced that SK was going to be unique, and one of the ways that was going to be accomplished was by making even DEATH fun. Sadly, it never really came to pass.
Enter tonight: Two of the brain cells that have not been scarred by blasts and blows to the head suddenly collided and sparked a thought; what if death in SK actually opened up a religion specific afterlife with quests? There might be items available only there, which may or may not come back with you. Your soul might change shape while you are dead opening up other views and acts for your character. You might even encounter great emissaries of your God who may or may not have once been major PCs once upon a time.

Alright let's look at the list:
Water hose? Check.
Certified Fire Extinguisher? Check.
Asbestos suit? Check.
Eberhardt Action Figure with self-cleaving action? Check.

Alright, commence flames,

Don

Post subject: Re: Idea: Religion Specific Afterlives.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 am 
Mortal

Actually, I LOVE it! It would also give age-dead characters reasons to be played. There should be some sort of an Afterlife battlefield, where the souls of old opponents could fight over the glory of their Lords and Ladies. Wow! Implement asap pls.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:54 am 
Mortal

Hooray! Someone liked one of my ideas!!!

Don

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I love the idea conceptually, but implementing this would require a lot of work, mostly from builders, and most players would never get the chance to see hardly any of them. It would be extremely rare indeed to get to go through it with another player, too, unless you had some people who just died on purpose.

I would rather that builder time be more focused towards making areas that the majority of the playerbase can interact with and enjoy as a group, rather than more areas that are limited to only specific auras, alignments, classes or religions. There's already a set of places in-game that are strictly accessible to a subset of the character-base, I don't think we need another entire area for all of the religions.

Now, if being dead is boring, then I'd love to be able to spruce that up, but I'd rather do it in a way that appeals to most everyone all at one time instead of having a dozen different areas built.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:36 am 
Mortal

I didn't say it'd be easy, but the coolest and best things never are. It would give players of age dead characters a reason to keep them going, it would provide a motivation for non-clerical PCs to join a religion. yes, it'd be a lot of work. Yes, there would be areas that would be limited in the number of players, but that limitation would be very evenly distributed; and given that many religions in this game have dogmas about the afterlife, it actually makes sense.

Don