Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Non-priest/priestess leadership
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vicasharie
I was wondering whether a character who is not inately religious (ie priest/priestess, paladin, hellion, etc) can actually work their way up the religious ladder to achieve some level of leadership in the organization. Can you they get to the point of bringing new people into the faith or is that strictly a priest/priestess ability?

Post subject: Re: Non-priest/priestess leadership
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Any class can be a leader and invest newcomers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 am 
Mortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
Any class can be a leader and invest newcomers.

Thanks... I appreciate knowing that. I'd hate to get my char's hopes up IC just to have them dashed because she's not a priestess.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 am 
Mortal

There may be rp restrictions in certain religions for who can become leaders of the faith. For instance, here's a tidbit from the helpfile for Yed:

Quote:
Yed is
amoral- such things as deceit, truth, death, courage, and the like
have little meaning to the elements. As such, the Elemental Church
is open to any and all who wish to pay homage to Yed, though its
hierarchy is controlled strictly by warlocks and priests

In the past, restrictions like this were more common for several religions, but they've for the most part been done away with. This is probably due to a mix of our dwindling numbers, and the desire to include everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 am 
Mortal

MsPooperTrooper wrote:
In the past, restrictions like this were more common for several religions, but they've for the most part been done away with. This is probably due to a mix of our dwindling numbers, and the desire to include everyone.

I think it was a good idea to do... though I can definitely understand why a priest/ess would be preferable. But until there's enough players back to build a true leadership of all the religions, this is definitely the better route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 pm 
Mortal

Vicasharie wrote:
MsPooperTrooper wrote:

I think it was a good idea to do... though I can definitely understand why a priest/ess would be preferable. But until there's enough players back to build a true leadership of all the religions, this is definitely the better route.

All religions are supposed to have 2 high followers. One is typically a priest...and if it is a knight faith, they typically like to have one of those. Meissa typically likes priests and bards for the faith but that doesn't restrict the HFs.

You need a priest/ess in a faith with at least F2 to make symbols.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 am 
Mortal

It is definitely the dwindling numbers more so than people wanted to feel included. I had a merc that was the only active character in the Sargas religion and they were like hey you, wanna be HF? I was like sure. High Merc of War? I'm down. It isn't really that far out of place, seeing as a merc's main "job" is war. Scouts are hunters, bards are singers, priests are healers. Mercs? They kill [REDACTED].

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
Traditionally Algorab has one High Knight and one High Priest, with the Hellion being considered senior to the priest. Anyone with a dark aura can join Fear, but the leadership is reserved for clerics. Think it even says so in the help file.

Don

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 am 
Mortal

Whinston wrote:
Traditionally Algorab has one High Knight and one High Priest, with the Hellion being considered senior to the priest. Anyone with a dark aura can join Fear, but the leadership is reserved for clerics. Think it even says so in the help file.

Don

Not necessarily. I had the situation of HK deleting, being made HP and my primary objective was to get a second HF. The second HF was a barbarian...(wow, I was totally talking about Jeruvere...wonder how many people are going to think I was talking about Veloras and Alaric?!)

And faiths with Knights typically view it as Knight > clerics > laity. Whether it is hellion or paladin. Though SOME people are willing to work with their priests and don't treat them as subserviant slaves (Veloras was awesome), some believe that they have control over all hellions and all priests should be kissing their backside.

It really depends on the RP and the faith and the classes available.