Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Resurrection question. (Zavijah specific)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:20 pm 
Mortal

Must be thinking of a different game, you are playing red vs blue here. The objective of both sides is to kill the other into submission. People may spin it to be a different reason, but they are lying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm 
Mortal

Well, I do suppose this is one reason I tend to enjoy Darkie RPs, more. It's easier to imagine a darkie priest resurrecting a lightie character, especially a newbie one, if they can find a use for them, or to torment or taunt them. Yet the mere notion of the reverse, resurrecting a dark character to lecture them, or to get them to commit an act in line with your God, is met with a big fat no.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 pm 
Mortal

Knowledge and wisdom should apply to more than just good, and I don't really see why liberty and freedom cannot be valued from an anarchist as well. Freedom to live as he/she sees fit away from laws. I personally feel that zavijah should fall under good/grey.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
trollking wrote:
Knowledge and wisdom should apply to more than just good, and I don't really see why liberty and freedom cannot be valued from an anarchist as well. Freedom to live as he/she sees fit away from laws. I personally feel that zavijah should fall under good/grey.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 pm 
Immortal

This is not the first time that a grey aura character has sought interest in Zavijah so this has been brought before the staff recently. The consensus is that it is not completely impossible for someone of a grey aura to be successful in the faith. With that said though, it is unlikely that an anarchist specifically would be capable of maintaining their alignment and their faith rp in harmony. This is not to say it is fully impossible, but it is a case by case basis and I cannot stress enough that it is not going to be easy. No matter how you might be able to argue the spheres, the fact of the matter is that Zavijah is a light aura god and that needs to be kept in mind with any roleplay.

To answer the OP's question about resurrecting dark aura characters the answer is Zavijah would not do so regardless of what they were willing to do in return. I am not suggesting you cannot rp with dark aura'd characters in the hopes of imparting something back to them, but that is very different than using the power of a light aura god to benefit a dark aura'd character.

I think the storyteller idea is an interesting one and if you wish to continue it without being cookie-cuttered into the Mira storyteller might I suggest Sadal, or Achernar as the basis for your interest in stories. A sadalite might be interested in collecting tales to create a written image of the tapestry, while a follower of Achernar might collect and share stories as a way to show change and the passage of time. Honestly, with some thought any of the neutral gods could easily embrace storytelling as an aspect of showing faith. You could still have your character lean more towards the light while following a neutral faith if that is something you were attached to as well.

I hope that is enough clarity. If you have questions feel free to contact me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:36 pm 
Mortal

Thank you for the clarification. I really was not looking to worship Mira as I have a sorcerer who I plan to go that route. I had thought of Achernar, but I have to admit, I had not thought of Sadal, and you make a very good point. I have to give this a bit more thought, but I do appreciate the answer to the initial question. I have to admit the storytelling idea isn't a particularly original one, but I like the thought of resurrections at least requiring -something-. After all, the priest is literally praying for a whole new body, and breathing life into that form, drawn from the depths of the River.

In short though, Zavijah might not be the best for my concept. So I think I shall go in a new direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:15 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Darkies/neutral do have an intellectual god - Ain/Eye, god of logic. Obviously not an option for an anarchist but he seems to have been given great advice by others.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Mcbeth wrote:
You can't join Zavijah with an Anarchist character.

Clarification:

I already had this discussion with staff awhile ago, as another character of gray aura had begun to play and was seeking Zavijah. I had done some roleplay with the character, and then asked staff. Staff did come and watch overhead as the interview process continued. However, because of the answers the other individual gave, which went against the tenants of the religion, the character was unable to be invested, and sent on their way, with positive feedback and some direction on where to continue their search.

From my patron god's staffer, I understand that gray auras are not forbidden, but that the roleplay must fit the tenants of the faith, and that the character will continue to be held to both religious and alignment standards. With the renewed focus on alignments, I would wager while not impossible, the window of opportunity for a gray aura within Zavijah's flock is one to be taken cautiously and carefully. How a character would honestly answer and adhere to following their true/deepest nature and adhere to the tenants of the church is at the heart of this.

I'd be interested to see a dogmatic seeker, myself.

[I've just gone and reread Sadal's post. Seems I am being redundant here. What she said ;)]

-current clergy is alive.
Pook