Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Resurrection question. (Zavijah specific)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:33 pm 
Mortal

I've just recently returned to SK, and I do have an idea for a priest I've rolled up. I've been thinking of a storyteller, really. Not in the same manners as a bard, but a collector and teller of stories. One who shares what he knows, and only asks that you share something in return.

However, Zavijah is a 'Good' god, and my character is actually Anarchist. Knowledge above all else be true. My question is this, I already have the plan to request a 'story' from anyone requesting a resurrection, would it be out of line to offer this same deal to 'Evil' characters? I know a lot of the Good Gods look down on offering boons to those wicked fellows and ladies, and I want to make sure it's in-line with something a Priest of Zavijah may do before I wholly commit to the idea.

That said, I still plan to join Zavijah, and if any members of that clergy read this, I'd like to start an RP regarding such. Likewise, if there are no current clergy, well, hopefully I can get inducted somehow.

Post subject: Re: Resurrection question. (Zavijah specific)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm 
Mortal

You can't join Zavijah with an Anarchist character.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:43 pm 
Mortal

I think Knowledge should be neutral. I mean, Don't necromancers hold knowledge as high as anyone else? Maybe you could go with Mira? she seems to love that kind of stuff. I think a storytelling priest could fall with her and she is grey.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Mcbeth wrote:

Who says so....Zavijah isn't restricted to any followers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm 
Mortal

Mcbeth wrote:

Are you certain? Considering it's the god of liberation and knowledge, I don't exactly know why one step away from ideal wouldn't fly. And suppose I remade the priest as Light Aura, I'm still curious as to the question of resurrecting dark aura characters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:49 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
In sk the divine sphere of Knowledge isn't neutral and signifies much more than just information. Zavijah is VERY much a lightie religion. Cannot imagine an exception being made, especially in the clergy. A selfish character is not a zavijan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:53 pm 
Mortal

I get that it's very lightie, but the point of my anarchist character is that he still holds knowledge paramount. Even if the knowledge doesn't come from the best of sources, he still seeks it out. That said, he'd still hold to the Zavijan ideals as I see them so far. In so far as the knowledge and understanding of misery and malice will help put it all to an end. I chose "Anarchist" as it seemed the most CN, by D&D terms, not because I actually want anarchy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mortal

You might want to look into the Mira religion. That's all I will say.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:03 pm 
Mortal

Doesn't matter, he won't even get invested.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 pm 
Mortal

I have been considering Mira, and it seems that's probably the way it will have to go. Oh well, I can change my character's concept enough, as I still haven't actually RP'd with him, still in the starting area. To be honest, as I've never really rolled a priest before, I thought Zavijah -was- a neutral god until I checked 'Help Gods' after making him.

Edit: -Still- curious about resurrection, though. As I've played a few darkies to have most Lightie Priests either outright refute him, or kill him on the spot as soon as he's resurrected, I'm wondering if there are methods and means for "Good" priests to resurrect "Evil" characters. To me, it seems like good enough RP should be rewarded with letting them continue on, even if they have to jump through hoops. A priest/ess of Aludra might require an example of love, Zavijah, yes, a story of overcoming evil. To -me-, the role of Good/Evil priests is to turn people toward their way of thinking, and while we as players know that a character's alignment cannot change, why should that automatically dissuade characters for attempting to teach a lesson pertaining to their God/dess*

*With the exception of the more brutal "Good" gods. I fully understand why my mage was obliterated on the spot, even while he was completely honest. I still laid down the snark, though!