Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why no RP around the old gods?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 pm 
Mortal

Ilvanor, a shaman I had a while back, held the view that the spiritual world was built like a sphere. The good gods forming the skeletal structure on the upper 1/3 of the sphere. The neutral ones in the middle third. Thus placing the evil ones on the lower third. He didn't believe there was a direct connection between the good and evil sides, but did see the indirect connection through the neutral. The problem with this is that there was a lot of gaps inherent in the system, which is where the ancestors played their part. They fill in the gaps that the skeletal structure can't. So while the gods hold the spiritual realm together, it is the spirits that give it texture and definition. The gods need spirits and people as much as people and spirits need people, in his mind. With this, he came to the conclusion that the spirits grabbed power for themselves to lend to those who would speak for them, filling another gap in the mortal world that the gods could not, or would not, cover.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:
grep wrote:
They really are honest questions.

Frankly, I doubt if even you believe this. You know very well that you've been floating these nonsensical extrapolations of purposefully-misinterpreted rules and statements by the staff for two weeks now trying to assuage your hurt pride over getting penalized for breaking alignment. No one is taken in by it.

Without confirming or denying any of your allegations, I'll say this is the wrong board for drama like that.

Just report my posts like someone does my roleplay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 am 
Mortal

I think that worshiping an old god should have the new/current gods church really angry at you. which i think would be nice to see followers of Zynor/Yenko go at it with followers of Dabi/Sadr (sorry I use these guys so much, i am sure there are lightie god equivalent but I always play darkies so I don't pay much attention to them). it would create decent enough Darkie vs darkie RP or lightie vs lightie RP.

As for an altor, It is easy to imagine a noble falling for one of these cults and having one built on there land. Or better yet, a working altor on a old temple once used before. there could be an altor built in some wild unclaimed land where a few of these fringe cult members could practice there religion shunned by the people in "civilized" lands.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
help Dabi wrote:
Whether it was fate or the error of the cultists or the intervention
of the Gods themselves, few know, but on that day, in Zynor's attempt
to loose himself from his centuries-old sleep, something went awry.
The power of the Blood Cult was broken along with the fabled blood orb
and His daughter was awakened. As Bane had once preserved her in half-
life and become Zynor, now Ghania claimed her Father's spirit, power,
and place for Her own - to became Dabi, the Star of Slaughter, the
Goddess of Hate.

Worshiping Zynor is the SK equivalent of fearing a male black widow spider after he's become nothing but a tasty meal in the abdomen of the female. Wouldn't she just be all the more sinister and menacing in that situation?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm 
Mortal

when i read that, I see Zynor being left in a comatose state. with the prophecy that he will wake up and destroy the realms, I don't see him as dead or alive but more as a vegetable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm 
Mortal

It isn't about how we read it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:20 pm 
Mortal

If you really want to help me grep, defend the other sides points.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:24 pm 
Mortal

They own the game, they make the story. It's their world, we just play in it. We couldn't wake up Zynor, we cannot properly bring back Yenko, it's all beyond our scope unless someone up there buys into it. From what I understand, there is some kind of long-term story being told by the pantheon, but it's like that song of the trees in The Once and Future King. We will not be able to hear it revealed in one strain.

It's not like it's a bad story, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
Mortal

I read it as Dabi having left Zynor, but only as a husk. Completely impotent and devoid of content. Sure, Zynor may still yet exist, but would be useful as a paperweight, a hat rack or a door stop. At best, you'd be severely mocked by Dabi for worshiping an inept and weak was-god.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm 
Mortal

I don't think they have a "gods plan". At most they have a rough draft. I seriously believe the imms are open to player ideas. I think so because I have come up with some ideas that have come to be.

Truthfully, I just don't like Dabi much. which sucks because I love every interaction i have had with Dabi (IC). something about her just does not work for me. sure, it could be some odd thing (like how I don't like lil'wayne and he is a top artist) but something about Zynor attracts me to him. Zynor seems like a bamf, and Dabi is like a spoiled Daddies girl.

Travorn wrote:
I read it as Dabi having left Zynor, but only as a husk. Completely impotent and devoid of content. Sure, Zynor may still yet exist, but would be useful as a paperweight, a hat rack or a door stop. At best, you'd be severely mocked by Dabi for worshiping an inept and weak was-god.

Your right, I am pretty sure that is the general consensus. Especially since there is that prophecy that Zynor will wake up and destroy the realms in one cleave. They replace the most BAMF god ever and replaced him with his spoiled daughter. It is just wrong.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next