Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Why no RP around the old gods?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:50 pm 
Mortal

you know big D. I have wanted to ask you something for a few years now. Why does the imm staff (I assume with your complete backing or your leading) dislike the idea of RP based around the old gods (Yenko, Zynor and the old chaos god). Would it be to much to ask for an altar to be build in some teronion temple? Or have an old destroyed temple still have a working altar? Even things like allowing panthiest priest with Tokens would be amazing. that way i could roll a Yenko priest or something.

Post subject: Re: Why no RP around the old gods?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 pm 
Implementor

This isn't real life, where even if there are real gods, they don't make themselves known to us.

The gods of SK are real and they get cranky if you are going to try to promote a dead or imaginary god when there are perfectly real gods who demand worship. And since in this situation there is no actual god to defend you, you should expect to end up hazed and often dead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm 
Immortal

I'd like to add as well that if you look at many of the tales surrounding the creation/birth of the current pantheon they often include the death/destruction/transformation of the old gods. It is not as though zynor and yenko stepped down or become some elder god still a part of the pantheon. There is no actual god left to be worshiped. Can you pretend, certainly and as far as I am aware none of the staff, D included, has said you cannot rp, but the fact remains that there is no god to answer your prayers therefore no priest prayers would be effective. As to building shrines/temples it is highly unlikely that any leader of a kingdom would allow a fringe cult of a dead god space to build since it isn't as though that god is going to come down and smite them for their disbelief, and while you might argue that leaves uxmal it doesn't necessarily as there are still nobles who own land there. No leader is going to want to offend actual living gods for your cult.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:31 pm 
Mortal

Sadal wrote:
No leader is going to want to offend actual living gods for your cult.

Some people just want to watch the world burn....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm 
Mortal

Sadal wrote:
No leader is going to want to offend actual living gods for your cult.

So the whole shaman thing is one big cosmic "don't ask, don't tell" situation...?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:29 pm 
Immortal

Shamans are spirit worshipers this is different than worshiping a no longer existent god. I fail to see how a leader rejecting a shrine to zynor is in anyway making shamanism dont ask dont tell.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Sadal wrote:
Shamans are spirit worshipers this is different than worshiping a no longer existent god. I fail to see how a leader rejecting a shrine to zynor is in anyway making shamanism dont ask dont tell.

Can someone please change grep's forum title to "DO NOT FEED"? Clearly even the staff are falling prey at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:54 pm 
Mortal

They really are honest questions. I just don't have time to spend 50+ hours on a character designed to ask the question anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I still think "DO NOT FEED"should be added anyway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
grep wrote:
They really are honest questions.

Frankly, I doubt if even you believe this. You know very well that you've been floating these nonsensical extrapolations of purposefully-misinterpreted rules and statements by the staff for two weeks now trying to assuage your hurt pride over getting penalized for breaking alignment. No one is taken in by it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next