Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Religion channel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Ivan, Mythros
I think it would be nice to have something like cb/tb for religions: rb. It would be nice to have an RP channel to speak amongst ourselves as far as each religion is concerned. Also, does anyone else thing that it would be nice to have a religion recall point, similar to the tribunal recall? It would be a nice way for a new player to find the main church dedicated to their deity.

Post subject: Re: Religion channel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:16 pm 
Mortal

maxman wrote:
I think it would be nice to have something like cb/tb for religions: rb. It would be nice to have an RP channel to speak amongst ourselves as far as each religion is concerned. Also, does anyone else thing that it would be nice to have a religion recall point, similar to the tribunal recall? It would be a nice way for a new player to find the main church dedicated to their deity.

Less channels, not more. If you want to have a powwow of your religion send a tell and meet up somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:19 pm 
Mortal

Galactus wrote:
maxman wrote:

Less channels, not more. If you want to have a powwow of your religion send a tell and meet up somewhere.

The global chat hubris should really be given up; in such a big game world with such free-wheeling PVP, the ability to talk to people you *should* be talking to is a feature that would go a long way towards creating a close-knit, active environment that went beyond the UDP text messages that are tells.

A pow-wow requires scheduling. If you want to be the person who sends tells to X people and schedules something and comes up with an agenda, go for it, but a chat line would eliminate all the secretarial work of actually roleplaying with a group as a group.

Today's young explorers are exploring games with graphics. SK's key feature that you cannot really get with other platforms is socialization-based gameplay. I cannot fathom why someone would be against developing the tools that would help leverage, sell, and capitalize on that social feature.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm 
Mortal

And if an in person group meeting is needed.. it would be so much easier to call one with such a chat ability. I'm not trying to get this to replace face to face contact so much as I'm trying to make it easier for group communication. I've had plenty of face to face cabal and tribunal meetings. Something like this isn't meant to be a replacement, simply a tool.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:26 pm 
Mortal

Why not just develop a group call mental state? Allow multiple people to join a telepathic chat requiring larger amounts of mana to be spent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:29 pm 
Mortal

Inera wrote:
Why not just develop a group call mental state? Allow multiple people to join a telepathic chat requiring larger amounts of mana to be spent.

Poor fighter classes. I don't care for the ME requirement for communication, I think it's a little... too much for some characters.

However, isn't a chat pretty much what you just suggested, without the mental drain? It is a telepathic chat that allows multiple people in a particular cabal, tribunal and ,if it is approved, religion to communicate with each other.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:38 pm 
Mortal

If you really want to add a strategic level to the game, tie access to the channel to possession of a holy symbol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm 
Mortal

grep wrote:
If you really want to add a strategic level to the game, tie access to the channel to possession of a holy symbol.

I like that idea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:07 pm 
Mortal

maxman wrote:
grep wrote:

I like that idea.

do we really want everyone hoarding everyone else's symbols? I don't mean that there is a limited supply, because there isn't. What I do mean is that people will be targeted and killed just for the symbol so that they can listen on the hot topics of the day. That makes it more likely people will be killed for lewt than RP. Not that the person couldn't come up with some garbage of an excuse to kill them but the actually reason for the PK would be for the symbol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm 
Mortal

Galactus wrote:
maxman wrote:
grep wrote:

I like that idea.

do we really want everyone hoarding everyone else's symbols? I don't mean that there is a limited supply, because there isn't. What I do mean is that people will be targeted and killed just for the symbol so that they can listen on the hot topics of the day. That makes it more likely people will be killed for lewt than RP. Not that the person couldn't come up with some garbage of an excuse to kill them but the actually reason for the PK would be for the symbol.

People aren't already targeted and killed for their religious symbols?

More importantly, the whole global chat channel idea has been axed in another thread. This is sort of a dead horse we're on.