VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: why bonus experience or global roleplay isn't on more often
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 pm 
Mortal

hi

i am posting this in The Pantheon section because this is a serious post okay

i am writing to enquire why we don't have bonus experience and/or global roleplay more often

we would appreciate and would devote a day on the weekend to play SK if you would turn on bonus experience for us to play

currently the levelling and sleep/regenerate cycles are way too long

and if bonus experience is turned on there would be way more players around to play with

if we must have bonus experience turned on only for the presence for global roleplays then it can be something small please

thanks

Post subject: Re: why bonus experience or global roleplay isn't on more of
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

SK Character: Alshain
We try to run a bonanza, which offers the bonus experience and often a few global roleplays, at least once a month. We put quite a bit of work and effort into them throughout the the month leading up to it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:58 am 
Implementor

As a player, if you want to organize an event, you are welcome to do so. Provide the details to the Kingdom or Faction Director that would be most relevant to the purpose of the event and we'll be happy to help promote it here on the forums.

Events that don't require admin participation would be the most welcome. But if you can convince an admin to help with your personal project, then those can happen as well. Just be mindful that admins will not have time to commit to helping out with all requests.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:20 pm 
Mortal

Minette wrote:
hi

i am posting this in The Pantheon section because this is a serious post okay

i am writing to enquire why we don't have bonus experience and/or global roleplay more often

we would appreciate and would devote a day on the weekend to play SK if you would turn on bonus experience for us to play

currently the levelling and sleep/regenerate cycles are way too long

and if bonus experience is turned on there would be way more players around to play with

if we must have bonus experience turned on only for the presence for global roleplays then it can be something small please

thanks

If you can't hit GM in under 50 hours, you're just plain doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:51 pm 
Mortal

Then I'm plain doing it wrong. I have made a few characters, and my inquiries for help are met often with vague advice and people dragging me through cities to buy gear that will get stolen on next logout.

I'm at 35 hours and only at apprentice.

Edit: That sounded whinier than intended. I do peruse the newbie help forums, but rather than telling people how they're doing it wrong, perhaps offer up some area guides in the new section?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:27 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Most of what ardith says is drivel. The rest is talking about how cool he is.

The key the leveling is being in the right area. Ask people where an apprentice should train. You can also use the "area" command and get an idea of which areas are appropriate for which levels.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I've only really played darkies so I know the leveling route fairly well, but would we be able to post leveling schemes (accurate ones) in the newbie help file? Have a group for each shade of heart? That would help the 50 hour thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:05 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Dulrik wrote:
As a player, if you want to organize an event, you are welcome to do so. Provide the details to the Kingdom or Faction Director that would be most relevant to the purpose of the event and we'll be happy to help promote it here on the forums.

Events that don't require admin participation would be the most welcome. But if you can convince an admin to help with your personal project, then those can happen as well. Just be mindful that admins will not have time to commit to helping out with all requests.

Please present ideas for events that IMMs would need to facilitate with an open mind. There are limitations to what you can reasonably expect to accomplish, however, everyone on the staff is at least willing to help you find a good solution if your initial vision is not viable for one reason or another.

Also, it is interesting to note that for every 2 players that are willing to plan, organize and petition for IMM support of an event, there are inevitably a few who would rather just whine about the logistics/cost/time/something else of doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm 
Mortal

Mythrilshotgun wrote:
Then I'm plain doing it wrong. I have made a few characters, and my inquiries for help are met often with vague advice and people dragging me through cities to buy gear that will get stolen on next logout.

I'm at 35 hours and only at apprentice.

Edit: That sounded whinier than intended. I do peruse the newbie help forums, but rather than telling people how they're doing it wrong, perhaps offer up some area guides in the new section?

Stop listening to those people then.

And I'm not touching that forum with a 10-meter stick. There are too many limitations and rules to abide by.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Prindle
Quote:
If you can't hit GM in under 50 hours, you're just plain doing it wrong.

Or your a new player. Or you're not concerning yourself with leveling as being the primary goal of your character. It took Prindle 400 hours to get to GM more or less, I'm actually ok with that. Though my excuse is being a new player.