Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Religion idea
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Given the high number of HF flags required and the lack of playerbase I am presenting an idea from Ebberon campaign setting with a twist for SK.

Do people thing it would be a viable idea to have a HF flag for the gods of Light/Gray/Dark.
To gain the flag one would already need to be a member of a faith of the grouping (Ain would probably be split in two). The HF flags of each church would remain unchanged, this would sit over the top of things, they would have no power over an actual religion not their own (however they would likely have more contact with Imms). The flag would not let them induct however it would let them assist in Imm inductions of religions with no HF followers. It would hopefully create a point of unity in the churches of light and contention in the churches of dark. Grey it is a little ambiguous which it would create. Also holding such a flag is going to paint a huge target on your head for the opposing groups.

Having such a flag would enable a create symbol <target> spell which would grand a symbol of the targets faith.

From thinking about it it seems ideal with our current efforts to try to reduce the numbers of required positions to increase focus while maintaining the variations of different religions.

As far as naming the positions I think there are a lot better people for that task than me. Also it would create the chance for a Massive GRP regarding to the first of their kind.

Post subject: Re: Religion idea
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 pm 
Mortal

From a position of someone that has been in a religion with an inactive High Follower, I have to commend the staff for being, on the whole, prompt and understanding with players that need investing. Rarely did I see someone wait more than a few hours to get into my religion after the staff member had seen the leader hadn't been on in half a month. They're even faster in religions with no High Followers at all.

In that light, I think this change is mostly unnecessary and would just aim to replace the Prayer command. SK doesn't have so many people playing that the demand is there for a middleman, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I think you missed the idea behind the post. This is not about inductions to religions, it is about centralizing the player base well at the same time limiting the loss of unique parts with in it.

http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11242 ... currently shows 36 positions for a HF and seconds with, 16 of these filled. I would hazard a guess that under half of these 16 are actually peoples mains. What I am trying to suggest is a situation where it is 3 leaders from a council consisting from 16 of 36, to help create a more focused aspect to religion based conflict.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:44 pm 
Implementor

The staff is currently talking about potential ways to make it easier to gain access to religions but only for classes where a religion is mandatory for full ability access. AKA priest, paladin and hellion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
The staff is currently talking about potential ways to make it easier to gain access to religions but only for classes where a religion is mandatory for full ability access. AKA priest, paladin and hellion.

How about an option to let us pick a religion at the start?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:37 pm 
Mortal

Chem wrote:
Dulrik wrote:

How about an option to let us pick a religion at the start?

yeah, if you are priest/pallie/hellion, that should have happened before you even started the character.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:45 pm 
Mortal

Some of my characters take their time and like to discover religions before they pick a faith. I've had two priests who made it almost expert without a faith. One was going for Sadr since novice, but due to the HF not being around, took almost a month to get inducted. Yes, I know I could have sent a mail or prayer, but considering he was going for Suffering, lack of a faith seemed to fit. I thoroughly enjoyed it both times. If an option were given for this, that would be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm 
Mortal

I like planning for lives before I create them. I'm one of those types whose first command is scroll 99, followed immediately by adjective and, usually, a description that winds up in the favorite quotes threads. I support being able to have a religious character not depend on the existence of another human to be properly installed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:05 am 
Gold Donor

Add the option to select a religion for characters much like the adjective command (not required immediately, that is) and entirely optional should one not wish any religion, but make it so you do still have to interact with a religious leader/god to advance into the closer flock. There already is F1, F2, F3... what harm is a F4 that would allow those who require a faith to use abilities to use them but at the same time keep them just outside current inner-faith workings? Don't give the F4 privilege to view others of the faith, but allow them to be viewed by the faith members as seekers, and allow faith leaders/gods to remove them should they be grossly unfitting of membership as based on current requirements of RP.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:57 pm 
Mortal

See, simple fix, allow Priests / Hellions / Paladins to pick a faith at creation or to go in faithless if they so choose the option. Why this isn't already an option eludes me.