Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Staff training us to not share knowledge...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Noragh, Rhakeesh, Eralenax
the_me wrote:
Nokuro wrote:
I only have two instances that made me assume such, but they got me thinking.

Dulrik and the staff like specifics. Can you provide some?

Ok I'll bite.

The two items I'm talking about are:

The "voluminous" cloaks from ch'zzrym in the caves to the north and down into the tunnels. A sprite merc spec'd in sickles (if I recall correctly) asked me about containers that held anything worth mentioning, I led them there. Next reset their capacity had been gimped to uselessness.

The mithril chestplate from the dark druid. A PC I had been asking about armor with decent innate runes told me outright that you couldn't find decent armor with great innate willpower, I showed them that. Immediately gimped.

Post subject: Re: Staff training us to not share knowledge...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:33 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Nokuro wrote:
the_me wrote:
Nokuro wrote:
I only have two instances that made me assume such, but they got me thinking.

Dulrik and the staff like specifics. Can you provide some?

Ok I'll bite.

The two items I'm talking about are:

The "voluminous" cloaks from ch'zzrym in the caves to the north and down into the tunnels. A sprite merc spec'd in sickles (if I recall correctly) asked me about containers that held anything worth mentioning, I led them there. Next reset their capacity had been gimped to uselessness.

The mithril chestplate from the dark druid. A PC I had been asking about armor with decent innate runes told me outright that you couldn't find decent armor with great innate willpower, I showed them that. Immediately gimped.

Another imm might chime in to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly positive this was a random coincidence with a faulty line of reasoning in backtracking to determine causality. We've been tweaking a lot of equipment throughout the game, wimping some gear and buffing others. We can actually find equipment and track innates a lot more effectively through our admin access than we ever could by using the method presented above.

The dark druid armor, for instance, lies in an area that I oversee. I may have adjusted that armor last year, but I haven't touched it since then. The only other person who could have accessed it to make any changes is already familiar with that equipment and wouldn't have needed this scenario to act on.

I'm not questioning the timelines that you present, just the causal relationships that you attribute to them.

Post subject: Re: Staff training us not to share knowledge...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:40 pm 
Mortal

Gann wrote:
Vindicator wrote:
If I can walk somewhere with one other person in game, and then stomp the NPC without any kind of loss but the short time it took to do so.. It should not be an item that has great anything, since it required no challenge in game to get.

This is wrong on so many levels, but mostly because some of the better gear from the Outer Planes only takes a few minutes to get if you know how to get there and have a competent healer and tank.

I am not going to mention the equipment because things my characters use tend to get the nerf bat. =)

Qulrokil wrote:
That's a little silly. Two smart, well built, and well prepared players with the right class pairing can access the vast majority of the game's content.

Yep. =)

Vindicator wrote:
Smart and well prepared comes with having the minor items to get the better ones, does it not?

Nope.

You can acquire a full set of armor that has greater innates with a tank wearing enchanted tanso steel armor bought from Kol's Moot, Exile or Nerina. The healer can be completely naked, as long as they have the proper build.

Forgive me if you are not seeing my perspective... But you mentioned both 'Enchanted' and 'Proper Build'. Those to me go under preperation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
By "proper build" I think he means using your attribute trains appropriately, like maxing mana trains on the healer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:50 am 
Mortal

Yeah, I got that. We should be able to reset our attributes with Loyalty Tokens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 pm 
Mortal

Vindicator wrote:
Forgive me if you are not seeing my perspective... But you mentioned both 'Enchanted' and 'Proper Build'. Those to me go under preperation.

Edoras wrote:
By "proper build" I think he means using your attribute trains appropriately, like maxing mana trains on the healer.

Correct. It also only takes about ten minutes to enchant a full set of store bought tanso steel armor with armor protection.

If you want to argue that as "preparation" that's a stretch. Frankly, you don't even need to enchant the armor. A priest and mercenary with proper builds and unechanted store bought tanso armor is sufficient.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Sufficient, but with even moderate effort you will see a significant increase in effectiveness. Even just putting some saves on store gear is worth the few minutes it takes to do. You don't need a top tier kit to get results, though obviously that has a higher return on investment, but even moderate effort will pay dividends. Particularly in PVE scenarios. A good build counts for quite a bit, but a bit of work put into preparation (gear, saves, enchantments, potions, herbs, scrolls, wands, etc) goes a long way.