Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Personal Strongholds - Question and thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:21 am 
Gold Donor

I see it a lot in tribunal/cabal/religion forums about building areas for a cost in obsidian. My question is can an individual raise personal funds to have a small single-room (or expandable with more money and time) area somewhere in the world? Is there some sort of criteria for submitting such an idea to a builder?

Now in my ideal dream world, either each KD or a unique player-request builder would filter reasonable requests, assess and collect the fee, then have the area implemented within a short timeframe from collecting the fee.

There could even be a shop in each major town/city that allows you to buy add-ons (a bookshelf, chest, NPC butler/slave/whatever) of a style native to the area to be added to your area at the next tick. However I see there would be a lot of code changes, a need for limits to how much one could add to their little area, and a way to identify the area (likely attached to a forumid, or less likely a specific character). Perhaps an expiration on the areas would be needed if it were a per-character thing, such as, when your character retires/expires so does any area attached to it, making a single area allowable for a single forumid a more easy to manage option.

This is all as I currently see it, I welcome all to poke holes in this idea, just hope if you do you might patch them with thoughts of your own!

Post subject: Re: Personal Strongholds - Question and thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm 
Mortal

The biggest problem I see with this is that Big D has been trying to consolidate people already, having closed down Sith'a'niel and Kol's Moot inns already (so far as rested regen goes). I'm certain that with the immense list of bugs and planned game additions they have lined up, taking on something that could potentially be as big as half the game requesting their own little homes would be quite demanding of their time. Let's not forget they still haven't fixed the taunt bug :p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:57 am 
Gold Donor

You seem to forget Dulrik does not do all the building himself.

I could put aside the ideas that would require code changes, but it is not impossible and not unreasonable to have a builder dedicated to managing small personal areas. At least as far as I see it, it isn't unreasonable.

All that aside, you surely would like a little home yourself, am I right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:33 am 
Mortal

Player homes would rule, since if you want to act like you have a home in the game you are basically breaking into an already implemented one and just claiming it as your own.