Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Notice board/ Forums.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I am curious about how these two things can be combined a little more to make outside of play times more do able.
Would it be alright for me to post an in game note on the astral board then post it in the suitable forums. I can see how this may be frowned on as written language is coded.
If this first action would be frowned on would it be alright to post a note on the Astral board then post a note on the forums mentioning that such a note has been written to remind players to read the notice board when they next log in?
Then also beyond the astral notice board what about other notice boards around the world such as religion notice boards and tribunal/cabal etc. I know there was a plan to make the notice board accessible outside of game is that still in the works or is it low on the priority list?

Post subject: Re: Notice board/ Forums.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:13 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Cordance wrote:
I am curious about how these two things can be combined a little more to make outside of play times more do able.
Would it be alright for me to post an in game note on the astral board then post it in the suitable forums. I can see how this may be frowned on as written language is coded.
If this first action would be frowned on would it be alright to post a note on the Astral board then post a note on the forums mentioning that such a note has been written to remind players to read the notice board when they next log in?
Then also beyond the astral notice board what about other notice boards around the world such as religion notice boards and tribunal/cabal etc. I know there was a plan to make the notice board accessible outside of game is that still in the works or is it low on the priority list?

This never reached the point of being a "plan", and so it has never really reached the priority list. However, it's still an idea/concept that I'm interested in pursuing. The logistics are a huge hurdle, as I understand it, and the effort to code it is enough to keep this something that's still simmering on the back burner.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:55 am 
Immortal

Cordance wrote:

It should be fine to post a note in the game and then post a message in a religious or faction sub-forum here alerting people to the existence of the note. Or, if you're trying to organize something with a few specific people, you can always use private messages. Dulrik can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the public forums here are meant to be used that way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:14 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
The way I've always handled this is posting note on astral board in game.
Last line may contain the IC --> OOC time conversion.
The forum(s)/group(s) involved may get a vague post about an event with the mention to check the IC board.
It may also again clarify the OOC time.

While an IC forum outside of the game could be nice to consider, it'd pull story/plot out of the game, and I think that's what's not intended to be seen/replied/acted upon in game.