Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quevyrr
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:58 pm 

hi,

i don't understand deleting my character for simply using a proxy. i'm not trying to cheat or anything like that. i tried to engage the eagle-eyed god in dialogue but he was not interested in discussing the rules with me. can i get some further explanation?

Post subject: Re: Quevyrr
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:59 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Don't use a proxy.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
There has been a history on SK of people trying to get around rules and such by using a proxy. Site bans hiding multi playing. So Imms just blanked banned it unless you have a good reason and present it prior to doing it. Although Ive not actually heard of anyone getting approval for it. SK is under the current rules manager is following the RAW very closely in an attempt to stop "imm favorites" being thrown around. However that means very strict perceived letter of the law enforcement which has its own set of flaws. If you want/need to play SK via a proxy present your reasons to Imms prior to doing so. There is a chance that if your request is accepted that your character can be unretired and made playable again.

With the current system of SK rules and judgement asking for forgiveness is not better than asking for permission. Just the way the system works at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:10 pm 

this is not a very welcoming game community. i'm sorry to have troubled you all. maybe instead of discussing code changes to improve the game you could take a look at the community itself, the people policing it, and come up with an easier answer than code changes.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:06 pm 
Mortal

The help article that you had already read before you got punished and made this thread is all the further explanation that you needed in the first place. Are you looking for someone to apologize to you? I don't think anyone's going to apologize to you because you broke the rules.

http://shatteredkingdoms.org/help/90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm 
Mortal

I don't think we need to be so rude Edoras.

Granted, I am the Queen of tldr(too long didn't read).

But if he(or she) did not indeed know the rules and it was not explained to him(or her) and because he (or she) was deleted anyway, I think that an "I am sorry I have to do this but..." at least should have been granted with an explanation on why.

There are lots of old players returning and new players coming on board and let us all admit that the majority of us do not read every single word of every single online agreement we sign on to. This being the case, I think an apology here is certainly appropriate.

Furthermore, I find the tone of your reply, Edoras, to be a bit rude and perhaps inconsistent with your other posts especially regarding new players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 am 
Mortal

It wasn't my point to be rude, yet I don't see the point of a deep conversation here given that the rules are crystal clear not only to the fact that proxies aren't allowed, but why, and Quevyrr had already admitted in his conversation with Thuban that he'd read said rule. Perhaps I should have made it more clear that this player knew to remove their newbie title (if they even had one in the first place), got inducted into a tribunal very quickly, knew to lie about their aura to a lightie priest in order to get rezzed, and immediately knew where to go in Taslamar to report said lightie priest who attacked him on rez after realizing he'd lied about his aura.

In other words, while Quevyrr was trying to act like a new player who was driven away by the "rude staff", my response was:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 am 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
I don't see the point of a deep conversation here given that the rules are crystal clear

There is quite a bit of conversation about the rules and their enforcement, on this forum and other sites, for this statement to summarize the clarity and interpretation of the rules.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:56 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
I don't see the point of a deep conversation here given that the rules are crystal clear not only to the fact that proxies aren't allowed, but why, and Quevyrr had already admitted in his conversation with Thuban that he'd read said rule.

Dude man makes a post saying "I'm not trying to cheat, I just want to know why proxies aren't allowed" when he's already admitted that he's read the rule which outlines that A) proxying -is- cheating and B) why it's cheating.

In the highly unlikely case that Quevyrr wasn't a troll, I tried to explain it without any unnecessary information: By outlining that proxying is cheating (in my first post) and by pointing him to the helpfile explaining why it's cheating in my second post.