Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Rules Update 8/26/16 Q&A
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm 
Immortal

theDrifter wrote:
Since you indicated your interest in promoting transparency, I see that Sadr is a newly-created immortal account and searching his/her profile does not bring up any introductory post, as some new immortals have posted in the past. I understand that you allow staff members to remain anonymous if they wish, but how does replacing an unpopular staff member with an unknown staff member increase transparency?

I will answer this question at least as I felt the first was directed at Dulrik. You are correct that I am a newer member of the staff. I have been working behind the scenes since early this year. The newly opened volcano in Zhenshi, for example, was my first zone, though I've been working to make improvements to some other less-commonly traveled areas as well.

While I do not believe my identity to be one that would cause any polarized reactions, I'd prefer to have a chance to allow my actions and responsibilities as a staff member speak for me for at least a short time. My hope has always been, in addition to aiding with building and running events, to be an advocate for the player base and do what I can to improve relations between players and staff. I hope you will give me the chance to do so.

I will add that I feel fortunate to be working with a very motivated group of individuals. I hope our efforts will continue to be apparent and appealing to new and old players alike, though I'm always open to hearing outside thoughts an opinions if you think I could be doing a better job in any way. For convenience, you can email me at Sadr@shatteredkingdoms.org if you wish to take me up on that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 pm 
Implementor

While 4 months over a 20 year period is a short-time, it's certainly not a "newly-created immortal account". Sadr has been gradually ramping up after becoming visible and has been in charge of all the dark-religions and several organizations for a few months now. As such, you may already have had the chance to become familiar with Sadr through those roles. But if not, I hope you will give Sadr the benefit of the doubt.

I am pleased that Sadr has seen fit to take on this demanding and thankless role. This is a good time for a transition, but it was not due to any lack of faith in Thuban, who has done a superb job in working to eliminate cheating from the game. Thuban continues to occupy a valued and trusted position on the staff and will be spending much more of their time building new content for players to enjoy.

I want to be clear that cheating will not be tolerated under any Rules Manager, whoever they may be, now or in the future. And if whoever reads this happens to think that casual cheating is no big deal, then I would like to invite you to find another game to play.

I believe that cheaters have driven away a lot of other players who may eventually give SK another shot when they get the news that it is no longer tolerated. So spread the word to friends who may have left SK due to it being a bad environment. The staff is here to stand up for them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 pm 
Immortal

theDrifter wrote:
Should we read your replacement of the former rules manager as an acknowledgement that he/she was causing problems within the community?

Just for the record, I let the staff know at the beginning of September that September was going to be my last month as Rules Manager. If you feel that you must read into this somehow, consider that I do not necessarily find rules enforcement to be the most enjoyable aspect of being on staff at Shattered Kingdoms (or of gaming in general). But, when the previous Rules Manager got sidelined by RL, someone had to fill the void, so I was willing to do it for a while. I'm here to have fun, too, though, so it stands to reason that I would not want to do rules management indefinitely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 am 
Mortal

Thuban wrote:
someone had to fill the void

Get it "Void". Thuban..

:drunk: