Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ardith
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:35 pm 
Mortal

Sorry. I'm mad. So I will say this in the midst of my anger.

Ardith, although not tolerated by some, has been helpful to many people.

I am very upset that he has been punished for the current incident . In fact, it makes me not want to play. I don't know if I am going to do something wrong on accident.

He has been a mentor and I am confused about this decision . I mean what's the point of playing? Am I next? Doing my best to not break the rules? Have the imms gone too far? He is too smart to mess up something some like this.

Post subject: Re: Ardith
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm 
Mortal

Yep

Last edited by Dubzilla on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:17 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I've seen the log of this conversation on a the site that shall not be named.
It seemed like ardith knew he was in the wrong in this one.
Ardith seems like the guy who gets pulled over by a cop and doesn't hand over his license because "he didn't do anything wrong" and then complains when he gets tazed.

I think that the staff established a punishment that fits the crime. We've all complained about harsh punishments that seem unwarranted. Banning for a simple case of multiplying where alternative punishments should have been given.

I think this punishment is a step in the right direction regarding punishment. I don't nessicarily like Ardith, but I also don't want us to lose our valuable players. And Ardith is undoubtedly one of them.

I support the staff's decision on this particular issue.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
honey1pie1 wrote:
Sorry. I'm mad. So I will say this in the midst of my anger.

Ardith, although not tolerated by some, has been helpful to many people.

I am very upset that he has been punished for the current incident . In fact, it makes me not want to play. I don't know if I am going to do something wrong on accident.

He has been a mentor and I am confused about this decision . I mean what's the point of playing? Am I next? Doing my best to not break the rules? Have the imms gone too far? He is too smart to mess up something some like this.

I'm one of the people who gets on ardith's goat the most, I'd say, but I think it's important to point out that whether I think he's the devil incarnate or whether he's a lovely joy, cheating is cheating. In a world where someone was really helpful a lot of the time, but also cheated, that person should still be punished for cheating.

Ultimately, the question should be "did he do the wrong thing?" instead of "Is this frustrating?" The answer to that question also should be your answer as to whether you should worry about being wrongfully punished.

Personally, I think the most damning evidence is ardith himself. He gleefully posted his conversation with Thuban publicly while also claiming that he had logs of the incident and knew exactly what happened. Yet, at the same time, he also steadfastly refused to even describe exactly -what- he did instead of what Thuban claimed, let alone post even fragments of those logs.

People on the internet have a way of claiming innocence whenever they're called out despite having no legs to stand on. It's annoying, it's sad, but it's simply something you have to live with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:30 am 
Mortal

After learning a bit more about this issue, I find that I have more questions than answers.

I'm unsure that the actions stated are accurate and if the punishment is warranted. From what I learned, his actions to obtain the armor fall into a very gray area.

Either way, if his actions did warrant punishment, I'm just glad to see that the staff didn't immediately issue a permaban.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:04 am 
Immortal

Trosis wrote:
After learning a bit more about this issue, I find that I have more questions than answers.

I'm unsure that the actions stated are accurate and if the punishment is warranted. From what I learned, his actions to obtain the armor fall into a very gray area.

What are you referring to regarding what you've learned? What questions do you have?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:18 pm 
Mortal

I've discussed the rumors of what happened with a few different people.
The staff has issued a statement that the magical lamp was used. (I haven't read everything in the thread mentioning this yet)
We all have agreed that the doors lock on area reset.
So the issue is not that he left the area accessible.
He was invited into a group that was heading out to the vault.
He accepted and this group happened to have the key that Ardith, on his other character, helped to obtain.
I don't think that anybody knew oocly that Ardith played both characters.
And upon arrival to the vault, he was given the lighty-only armor.

So the crime of multiplay is grey. Because he never had, in his possession, an item that was touched by both characters. It's almost a loop-hole, being that the object/action in question is the key/unlocking the door.

I'm not trying to fully overturn the staff's punishment. But I do think that we deserve an explanation, similar to how we had the discussion with the 'take' command.
If his actions are considered multi-playing, then the rule should be reexamined, or this unique type of incident should be fully elaborated on to qualify it as multi playing.

If my interpretation of the story is incorrect, please inform me of the discrepancies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:25 pm 
Mortal

Upon evaluation of the thread mentioning the lamp, I saw Thuban's explanation.

I have little knowledge of these areas. But from what I learned, GGI has a key that unlocks the vault.
So I'd like to know where the offense took place. Was it to get into the IC? Or was it to get into the vault?

And which of these two locked doors had the "locks on reboot" script?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:27 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Trosis wrote:
I don't think that anybody knew oocly that Ardith played both characters
Even if no one else in the group knew that ardith played both characters (Highly doubtful), obviously ardith knows who he plays.

Let's dispel the notion that ardith didn't know what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing.

For reference, Syn got characters deleted for multiplay by junking a nerinan store-bought iron trident on one character in order to later buy that weapon on a different character. Syn didn't argue the punishment, either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
Trosis wrote:
I don't think that anybody knew oocly that Ardith played both characters
Even if no one else in the group knew that ardith played both characters (Highly doubtful), obviously ardith knows who he plays.

Let's dispel the notion that ardith didn't know what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing.

For reference, Syn got characters deleted for multiplay by junking a nerinan store-bought iron trident on one character in order to later buy that weapon on a different character. Syn didn't argue the punishment, either.

Forgive me for my ignorance here, but isn't that the way around a loot transfer? What is the ruling for this? Does one person need to own it between your characters? Does a certain amount of time need to pass before you can go buy it or reclaim it from it's original owner?

The fact that this all came from the "use of a key" and not even the transferring of loot, is why I think this is gray.

As for Syn not arguing... Ardith didn't come to these forums to complain. (Or I haven't seen it.) he posted elsewhere for everyone to see, because he thought it was unjust and also because well... That's Ardith.

I'm not trying to preach Ardith's innocence here. I'm trying to get the facts of the exact story as well as the stance the staff has regarding this.

The fact that changes had to be made to the code because this is an 'abusable bug' should speak to the fact that players didn't know that they could get in trouble for it.

Similar to the 'take' bug, I'd like to see the offense broken down and explained in order to inform the player base that the behavior is considered multiplying.